Lets Chat Wanderers / Wood Elves compendium

warhammernerd

The changes to  "Realm Wanderer" means that it is no longer a main tactical tool, but now an ability that may prove useful if the right situation arises.  "Stalker of the Hidden paths" trait is, as @Thalandor says, now not worth picking.   Your opponent now knows you can only teleport one unit and that it has to start wholly within 6" of the general.  So, at set up it will be clear which unit you wish to teleport.  If you have more than one unit within 6" of your general in order to not telegraph your intentions, then all you are doing is pulling more troops out of position which leaves more board open to your opponent.

Without "Stalker", you are limited to same edge, so committing a unit to either side edge is possible given that points saved due to reductions could be used to gain a unit or two. But you are still telegraphing your moves to your opponent.   However, it is quite likely that Wanderers will be able to ally in Deepkin, and if that is the case, then a Soulscryer and some Thralls or Eels would probably be a better option.  Tree Revs can  move to any board edge from anywhere on the battlefield.  If we get DoK as allies, then Khinerai are also a good bet.  There are allies that can do our schtick better than we can.

Gone are the days when you could set up round your general, so your opponent wouldn't know exactly where you were going and what you intended to do until you had moved.  Now it is back to standard movement with the possibility of an opportunistic use of "Realm Wanderers" should circumstances favour its use during the game.

I'm still going to give them a go in the new system, but this change does weaken what was our modus operandi.  If the points reductions are correct, including for the Battalion, then said battalion may be the way to go at 2000 points.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Thalandor said:

from now on, you can only teleport one unit per turn using Realm Wanderers. This makes Stalker of the Hidden Path obsolete as it would take you four turns to teleport a single unit to where it's needed and back to safety away from enemy retaliation.

1. turn: unit A teleports.

2. turn: general teleports next to unit A.

3. turn: Unit A teleports back to safety.

4. turn: general teleports back to safety.

Wanderer went back from "Hit and Run" to "Stand and Die".

The only ray of hope we have left is the removal of the Rules of 1, a Waywatcher keeps generating attacks with his double shot now. Masterful Archer, standing still, Celestial Hurricanum for +3 to Hit could propably take care of anything within 22''

I would say that if they take the rule of 1 for generating attacks we will end up in the same situation and this is other stronger armies will be more empowered by the rule of 1 the us and wee will still get annihilated and we will complain again about Tzeentch dashing out too many spells again for free or who knows what.

1 hour ago, Aelfric said:

Your opponent now knows you can only teleport one unit and that it has to start wholly within 6" of the general

I heard they have changed the vast majority of those restriction making them bigger areas (for all armies), so e.g. what first was activating within 6" of a character now is WHOLLY within 12", so from that point of view there is still hope.

And this considering I wonder if the Ability will change in regard of the amount of " we have to be WHOLLY within in order to leave the table. And if so, maybe they have reworded the trait so that, considering only one unit can teleport, maybe the unit that does so does not count as moved for the purposes of abilities. In my opinion things are still a bit ethereal atm to make conclusions that Wanderers have been nerfed (and that said, yes, I do believe that the trait was nerfed a bit and some of the identity have been taken away again from Wanderers). 

If you remember in the faction focus for Wanderers it is written that GW recognized this faction needed some changes so maybe those are not the only changes they have made and they have changed the descriptions of the units too; we don't know (or do we? I could not find anything that was leading to think otherwise, but then again, maybe I have missed something??).

for now I am boulstering my SotW ranks so I ll be able to field 2x10 units and this is a bit of a WIP to try and lift everybody's morale:

IMG_20180617_155424.jpg.82551e6863d6c65ac594fa77cb070c6f.jpgIMG_20180617_155737.jpg.75c0cd0731da914b4918d5c1f56af5c6.jpgIMG_20180617_155749.jpg.2cf76986d5c41fde287badcf721a1425.jpgIMG_20180617_155711.jpg.a24e61dcbab87feb2baf414a20c4d2fd.jpgIMG_20180617_155722.jpg.ea09c560e0b96eb22ddc4c9fb9dc7033.jpg

to be added to these fellas which I used t use as Waywatchers 

IMG_20180617_155935.jpg.919970e51f2ccec042369d9d4646bdcb.jpg

Hello guys,

I'm thinking about starting a Wanderers army  so I've got some questions before getting started:

- Where do you think Wanderers are going to sit in the new edition in competitive terms?

- What is the core for this army? Which units are a "must"? And what a typical competitive wanderer army list looks like?

- Are Wildwood Rangers a competitive unit? Do you think there is some room for them on the competitive scene? If so, how many units and size seem more viable? Specially now that their points cost has dropped hugely in the new edition. I love these models and they are actually the reason why I'm about to start a new Wanderer project.

Thanks for your help!

13 minutes ago, Frozenbeast said:

I would say that if they take the rule of 1 for generating attacks we will end up in the same situation and this is other stronger armies will be more empowered by the rule of 1 the us and wee will still get annihilated and we will complain again about Tzeentch dashing out too many spells again for free or who knows what.

I heard they have changed the vast majority of those restriction making them bigger areas (for all armies), so e.g. what first was activating within 6" of a character now is WHOLLY within 12", so from that point of view there is still hope.

And this considering I wonder if the Ability will change in regard of the amount of " we have to be WHOLLY within in order to leave the table. And if so, maybe they have reworded the trait so that, considering only one unit can teleport, maybe the unit that does so does not count as moved for the purposes of abilities. In my opinion things are still a bit ethereal atm to make conclusions that Wanderers have been nerfed (and that said, yes, I do believe that the trait was nerfed a bit and some of the identity have been taken away again from Wanderers). 

If you remember in the faction focus for Wanderers it is written that GW recognized this faction needed some changes so maybe those are not the only changes they have made and they have changed the descriptions of the units too; we don't know (or do we? I could not find anything that was leading to think otherwise, but then again, maybe I have missed something??).

for now I am boulstering my SotW ranks so I ll be able to field 2x10 units and this is a bit of a WIP to try and lift everybody's morale:

IMG_20180617_155424.jpg.82551e6863d6c65ac594fa77cb070c6f.jpgIMG_20180617_155737.jpg.75c0cd0731da914b4918d5c1f56af5c6.jpgIMG_20180617_155749.jpg.2cf76986d5c41fde287badcf721a1425.jpgIMG_20180617_155711.jpg.a24e61dcbab87feb2baf414a20c4d2fd.jpgIMG_20180617_155722.jpg.ea09c560e0b96eb22ddc4c9fb9dc7033.jpg

to be added to these fellas which I used t use as Waywatchers 

IMG_20180617_155935.jpg.919970e51f2ccec042369d9d4646bdcb.jpg

Those conversions are looking great! I'm assuming the legs are from SotT.   I agree that we do not have all the information just yet and so there is still some hope for the faction in general, but the Realm Wanderers specific trait has lost a lot of its flexibility and is no longer something you can base your general tactics around.  I too am adding 10 SotW to the 10 I have already (though in more traditional mode), but to try in a block of 20 for that larger stand and shoot potential.  I also have 2 kit-bashed Waywatchers, so I may add a bird to one and turn them into a Wayfinder. Unfortunately, unless they change the warscroll, his command ability can only be used in the hero phase and is thus not really worth spending a command point on.

The wholly within 12" replacing within 6" seems to be to do with command abilities to reduce conga-lining.  If teleporting shennanigans are being reined back amongst all factions then fair enough, but they'd have to change a lot of things to do that.  I have a sneaking suspicion that this change has been made to accommodate some of the new battleplans, though I have no evidence beyond the fact that one at least is rumoured to include moving objectives.

What it will come down to in the end for me is whether I still have fun.  It was fun zipping around the board and felt very in keeping as Wanderers, even though I lost far more than I won  (and I do mean far more :) ).  I don't mind losing, so long as I felt I was in with a chance and gave my opponent a run for their money - and had fun.  

40 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Those conversions are looking great! I'm assuming the legs are from SotT

Yeah exactly, legs and ody from the SotT and the campes from the WR. Heads from the leftover counterparts of the SotW (shadow warriors) and misc arms from GG, shadow warriors and WWR.

I agree, a big chunk or the personality Waderers have now will indeed be taken away in the new edition or at least what we know makes us think of that; although I think some positive things may come up with the new point costs. I think we will be able to have more variety of lists due to the drop in points. The simple reduction for the EG makes them so we can take 20 for 140pts, which seems ridiculous but not that far away from other units in the game that have the same amount of wound for more points (plus their ability of buffing the saves which as far as we know will be the same). Now the WR may be worth the points (still one unit only unless we think of using them as screens) for last min capturing are not bad and they will take  the attention away from the bulk of the army. SotW received a point blank buff, no discussion on that and I see them being played more often now and even without rend 3+ 3+ is always good (maybe in a mixed order with an Hurricanum close to them and some sort of shield to protect them). I think +20  pts for our beloved Waywatcher was to be expected but still he will possibly be untouched all game and hidden from shooting (he will be at -2 to be hit from shooting an still the same chance of dashing out dmg), I'm down with that; keep him wrapped up in 20 SotW and happy days! I could go on...

We agree that maybe a pure Wanderers will still be not possible to make unless you go with the battalion (but only that way). Otherwise I see more room for Wanderers based Mixed order being a thing now, I am positive.

3 hours ago, ogmaadn said:

Hello guys,

I'm thinking about starting a Wanderers army  so I've got some questions before getting started:

- Where do you think Wanderers are going to sit in the new edition in competitive terms?

- What is the core for this army? Which units are a "must"? And what a typical competitive wanderer army list looks like?

- Are Wildwood Rangers a competitive unit? Do you think there is some room for them on the competitive scene? If so, how many units and size seem more viable? Specially now that their points cost has dropped hugely in the new edition. I love these models and they are actually the reason why I'm about to start a new Wanderer project.

Thanks for your help!

Hard to say yet. 

- I think GW will probably balance things out a bit but older armies will probably not be top tier, it's just not how things usually work.

- Glade guard, eternal guard and some heroes. Exact list will depend on quite a lot of things I don't know yet (point changes, rules changes, army rule changes, possible warscroll changes) I'd not really dare make a list yet. But considering the limited number of battleline units it's a sure bet GG will be needed in a list and EG as cheap anvil will probably have a role too.

- Hard to say IMHO. Their point drop is .. nice but not dramatic and if other similar units (that where better for the points) also drop then there isn't much gained. I'd personally play them MSU to avoid losses of expensive models due to bravery checks and to encourage overkill. Also: their are pretty niche: only shine against monsters so it's good to keep them flexible so they can go where needed. If you have a single unit of 30 which gets tied up with chaff then they will not likely be earning their pay.

3 hours ago, Aezeal said:

Hard to say yet. 

- I think GW will probably balance things out a bit but older armies will probably not be top tier, it's just not how things usually work.

- Glade guard, eternal guard and some heroes. Exact list will depend on quite a lot of things I don't know yet (point changes, rules changes, army rule changes, possible warscroll changes) I'd not really dare make a list yet. But considering the limited number of battleline units it's a sure bet GG will be needed in a list and EG as cheap anvil will probably have a role too.

- Hard to say IMHO. Their point drop is .. nice but not dramatic and if other similar units (that where better for the points) also drop then there isn't much gained. I'd personally play them MSU to avoid losses of expensive models due to bravery checks and to encourage overkill. Also: their are pretty niche: only shine against monsters so it's good to keep them flexible so they can go where needed. If you have a single unit of 30 which gets tied up with chaff then they will not likely be earning their pay.

Agree with @Aezeal, everything is changing.....well no, not quite but they are making some changes for sure and I would wait 'till the edition is released.  

And, adding to what I wrote earlier, they have changed the warscroll for pink horrors making baseline the split into blue horrors and then brimstone horrors so there is a chance that they will modify some other warscroll in order to make them better (or worse ?). So, again , think positive!!!!!!!

I think we'll (wanderers) still have something in 2.0. We just have to be even more tactically aware of which unit is going where. Even before without Stalker of the Hidden Pathways, the Realm wanders ability was limit to the same side so it wasn't a massive advantage. Now we have to basically have to choose which unit is going, 2nd turn do we reinforce that unit with another support unit, return it, go somewhere else with a different unit. It will be different and harder, but I'm going to stick it out I think.

The retreat and shoot still gives us something. And the reroll battleshock is still pretty big (but yeah that's an order thing so we'll still get that)

On 6/17/2018 at 6:04 PM, Aelfric said:

Those conversions are looking great! I'm assuming the legs are from SotT.   I agree that we do not have all the information just yet and so there is still some hope for the faction in general, but the Realm Wanderers specific trait has lost a lot of its flexibility and is no longer something you can base your general tactics around.  I too am adding 10 SotW to the 10 I have already (though in more traditional mode), but to try in a block of 20 for that larger stand and shoot potential.  I also have 2 kit-bashed Waywatchers, so I may add a bird to one and turn them into a Wayfinder. Unfortunately, unless they change the warscroll, his command ability can only be used in the hero phase and is thus not really worth spending a command point on.

The wholly within 12" replacing within 6" seems to be to do with command abilities to reduce conga-lining.  If teleporting shennanigans are being reined back amongst all factions then fair enough, but they'd have to change a lot of things to do that.  I have a sneaking suspicion that this change has been made to accommodate some of the new battleplans, though I have no evidence beyond the fact that one at least is rumoured to include moving objectives.

What it will come down to in the end for me is whether I still have fun.  It was fun zipping around the board and felt very in keeping as Wanderers, even though I lost far more than I won  (and I do mean far more :) ).  I don't mind losing, so long as I felt I was in with a chance and gave my opponent a run for their money - and had fun.  

Yeah loosing isn't that bad if you kill 3/4 of the opponents army and only suffer minimal casualties.

On 6/17/2018 at 11:47 AM, Aezeal said:

Also: their are pretty niche: only shine against monsters 

The historical problem with this thinking is name something else with a 2" reach, rend, multi attacks and hits and wounds on 3s that does combat better?

Nothing.  

Adding the original Orion warscroll, or I think the Glade Lord on a dragon for those command traits of re-rolling 1s, made them better yet, as did the dragon's breath ability.

The problem with Rangers is the 5+ save and previously the high points cost as well; it would be nice if they generated mortal wounds on a 6+ to wound.  Otherwise people have remained fixated on the Monster keyword Which TBH was silly since I usually see 2-4 Behemoth's in every list I face.

Also props again to @WABBIT for still defending playing the game outside a tournament without blinders on.  

So, I ran a couple of tests lately of pure dice rolling imagining 2 units with the same point cost being able to dash out all their possible dmg: and I stumbled on 30 GG v. 20 SotW. I took in consideration this:

-  both units receive the buff from the nomad prince;

- they would both be in range for maximum dmg

- they are both in a situation in which they can trigger the traits in which they better shine (double the attacks for SotW and -3 rend for the GG).

- they are both shooting at an imaginary target having an average save of 5+ (the test might be repeated so that the target has a higher save or has MW save or whatever, but I ran it simply. Also I thought it would be more realistic now that mystic shield has been changed);

- I was careful to not take in consideration very above or below average rolls but I did not discard those rolls where average  differed by 2-3 points either above or below as I recognize them acceptable for the purposes of the test

Preemptively saying that this might not have any statistic value and it is not taking in consideration game settings, circumstances and who knows what might happen that make  one better that the other during a game, I had a bit of a surprise.

I ended up whit the unit of SotW dealing much more dmg then the GG!!! We could argue GG might end up being more efficient against high save models but then SotW dash out more attacks to start with and with better chances, so the save rolls the target will have to make will result in a higher chance of the save rolls failing and therefore a higher chance to suffering wound from the quantity of the attacks more than the quality of them. 

Is this something worth taking in consideration for future list building or this is just me losing time in my afternoon instead of painting???

1 hour ago, Frozenbeast said:

So, I ran a couple of tests lately of pure dice rolling imagining 2 units with the same point cost being able to dash out all their possible dmg: and I stumbled on 30 GG v. 20 SotW. I took in consideration this:

-  both units receive the buff from the nomad prince;

- they would both be in range for maximum dmg

- they are both in a situation in which they can trigger the traits in which they better shine (double the attacks for SotW and -3 rend for the GG).

- they are both shooting at an imaginary target having an average save of 5+ (the test might be repeated so that the target has a higher save or has MW save or whatever, but I ran it simply. Also I thought it would be more realistic now that mystic shield has been changed);

- I was careful to not take in consideration very above or below average rolls but I did not discard those rolls where average  differed by 2-3 points either above or below as I recognize them acceptable for the purposes of the test

Preemptively saying that this might not have any statistic value and it is not taking in consideration game settings, circumstances and who knows what might happen that make  one better that the other during a game, I had a bit of a surprise.

I ended up whit the unit of SotW dealing much more dmg then the GG!!! We could argue GG might end up being more efficient against high save models but then SotW dash out more attacks to start with and with better chances, so the save rolls the target will have to make will result in a higher chance of the save rolls failing and therefore a higher chance to suffering wound from the quantity of the attacks more than the quality of them. 

Is this something worth taking in consideration for future list building or this is just me losing time in my afternoon instead of painting???

It's simple: SotW are better if you're going to keep them stand. But if you play the battallion (which is nearly a must have for a full wanderer army in my opinion) where you're moving into the board and you're playing in an alpha strike mode, GG are way better. 

So with the stalker battalion I run full GG and 0 SotW, because I rely on alpha strike and keeping move/teleport my archers. But if you're playing Wanderers on the board, I definitely can see much worth for SotW. 

9 hours ago, Popisdead said:

The historical problem with this thinking is name something else with a 2" reach, rend, multi attacks and hits and wounds on 3s that does combat better?

Nothing.  

Adding the original Orion warscroll, or I think the Glade Lord on a dragon for those command traits of re-rolling 1s, made them better yet, as did the dragon's breath ability.

The problem with Rangers is the 5+ save and previously the high points cost as well; it would be nice if they generated mortal wounds on a 6+ to wound.  Otherwise people have remained fixated on the Monster keyword Which TBH was silly since I usually see 2-4 Behemoth's in every list I face.

Also props again to @WABBIT for still defending playing the game outside a tournament without blinders on.  

No that is not a problem since (and you already said it yourself) even with those stats even if they have noone with similar stats (and quite a lot of heavy infantry is somewhat similar and with better saves) they can still be too expensive for their points.

6 hours ago, Cerve said:

It's simple: SotW are better if you're going to keep them stand. But if you play the battallion (which is nearly a must have for a full wanderer army in my opinion) where you're moving into the board and you're playing in an alpha strike mode, GG are way better. 

So with the stalker battalion I run full GG and 0 SotW, because I rely on alpha strike and keeping move/teleport my archers. But if you're playing Wanderers on the board, I definitely can see much worth for SotW. 

That would depend on how GW rules (if they finally do) about the teleports etc etc counting as having moved or not ofcourse.

So I did some calculations using your situation @Frozenbeast. The Target is some Korne Blood Warriors with a 4+ save. This helps the Glade Guard with there -3 rend shot. It also helps the Sister of the Watch with a great 2+ to wound. I also added in the 2x Wayfinder with his average 3D6 shots and 2 waywatchers (now around 240 points) to compare the damage output. The Glade Guard damaged are assuming they're less then 20 (so 19)

Damage chart

Weapon Target Attacks Hits Wounds Saves Damage Dealt
2x Wayfinder Blood Warriors 6 4.67 3.11 1.04 2.07
2x Wayfinder(Hail of Doom) Blood Warriors 18 8.00 9.34 3.11 6.22
2 x Waywatcher Blood Warriors 16 15.56 10.37 3.46 6.91
2 x Waywatcher(moved) Blood Warriors 14 10.89 7.26 2.42 4.84
Glade Guard (Damaged) Blood Warriors 20 11.67 5.84 2.92 2.92
Sister of the Watch (moved) Blood Warriors 11 8.56 7.13 3.57 3.57
Glade Guard Blood Warriors 21 16.33 8.17 0.00 8.17
Sister of the watch Blood Warriors 22 17.11 14.26 7.13 7.13

Points for all (all assuming new 2.0 points are correct:

2 x Waywatchers: 240

2x Wayfinder: 200

20 Glade guard: 240

10 Sisters of the Watch: 180

As you can see the 1 off Glade guard with the -3 rend is the best after the save is applied, but for targets with no save, the sister do better then even the waywatchers until they move then. The glade guard do better moving with the same hits and wounds but will get 4.09 saved so Damage dealt is 4.09. Also this is against chaos, the sister drop off a bit against normal targets as they wounds goes to a 11.41 without moving and a 5.71 moving.

All in all it's a close call, Glade Guard are better all rounders with the ability to move, plus the extra 2" give them an advantage, but with the Sister now being 60 points cheaper and in the right situation out performing the glade guard and even the waywatchers it's really worth considering them.

What's interesting is even with the hail of doom arrows the Wayfinder is only as a waywatcher once a game, after that the damage really drops off.

Sorry if I got any calculations wrong. Hope this is interesting to you guys.

Actually just to bore you with more tables of numbers. 20 Sisters of the watch versus 30 Glade Guard. Same points at 360.  Sister of the watch out perform Glade guard for everything even when they move. The only time when Glade guard are better is with there 1 off -3 rend shot and then they still not better then the non moving sisters against chaos. 

History

Sister of the Watch (moved) Librators 21 14 9.33 4.67 4.67
Sister of the Watch Blood Warriors 42 28.00 23.33 11.67 11.67
Sister of the Watch (moved) Blood Warriors 21 14.00 11.67 5.84 5.84
Sister of the Watch Librators 42 28.00 18.67 9.34 9.34
Glade Guard Librators 31 20.67 10.34 5.17 5.17

12 hours ago, Cerve said:

5 hours ago, Aezeal said:

That would depend on how GW rules (if they finally do) about the teleports etc etc counting as having moved or not ofcourse.

Yeah I agree @Cerve but that is valid now that the point are what they are (IMO): I was referring to the new points (maybe I was not clear on that) so I was comparing 20 SotW (360pts) v. 30 GG(360pts). And I was not taking in consideration battle situations like for example what you say, the allegiance trait or the battalion (even if now with the point changes we could agree that inside the battalion it does not really matter which one is more cost efficient as they cost the same and still SotW deal more dmg). Of course you can put in a lot more variables in play but I have not?.

39 minutes ago, GM_Monkey said:

Actually just to bore you with more tables of numbers. 20 Sisters of the watch versus 30 Glade Guard. Same points at 360.  Sister of the watch out perform Glade guard for everything even when they move. The only time when Glade guard are better is with there 1 off -3 rend shot and then they still not better then the non moving sisters against chaos. 

History

Sister of the Watch (moved) Librators 21 14 9.33 4.67 4.67
Sister of the Watch Blood Warriors 42 28.00 23.33 11.67 11.67
Sister of the Watch (moved) Blood Warriors 21 14.00 11.67 5.84 5.84
Sister of the Watch Librators 42 28.00 18.67 9.34 9.34
Glade Guard Librators 31 20.67 10.34 5.17 5.17

And this was exactly my point. I am glad I am not just a time-loser visionary ?.

1 hour ago, GM_Monkey said:

As you can see the 1 off Glade guard with the -3 rend is the best after the save is applied, but for targets with no save

This is why I am thinking if is not worth taking 2 big (20x?)SotW units and just 1 30xGG for some high save target dmg? I am definitely gonna try it as it really looks good plus the fluff of the army I like it better with elite units rather then hordes of archers. 

1 hour ago, GM_Monkey said:

What's interesting is even with the hail of doom arrows the Wayfinder is only as a waywatcher once a game, after that the damage really drops off.

So funny it does not cost like 60 pts yet!!!!!!!!!!!! And with him the Waystrider as it has that 5+ once a game that it's soooo random, even when it hits half of the army out there can heal that wound turn 1 no problem.

44 minutes ago, Frozenbeast said:

Yeah I agree @Cerve but that is valid now that the point are what they are (IMO): I was referring to the new points (maybe I was not clear on that) so I was comparing 20 SotW (360pts) v. 30 GG(360pts). And I was not taking in consideration battle situations like for example what you say, the allegiance trait or the battalion (even if now with the point changes we could agree that inside the battalion it does not really matter which one is more cost efficient as they cost the same and still SotW deal more dmg). Of course you can put in a lot more variables in play but I have not?.

Uh I missed new points! Where can I find them? Are they for all the Wandereres?

1 hour ago, Frozenbeast said:

This is why I am thinking if is not worth taking 2 big (20x?)SotW units and just 1 30xGG for some high save target dmg? I am definitely gonna try it as it really looks good plus the fluff of the army I like it better with elite units rather then hordes of archers. 

I'm really trying not to spend any more money after ordering the core book, GHB and the endless spells but this is really tempting to do as well. What with the ability to make the Waywatcher the general and still use the Nomad Prince's Command ability.

Don't forget the SoTW " loose until the last" gives you another shot per turn potentially and bigger units of sisters will decimate chargers or deter chaff altogether. Opponents may start setting up multiple charges to absorb damage with chaff and finished with something meatier.

Plus sisters are better in combat - not by much but still better. :)

Looks like sisters are way better than one shot GG now. GG look more specialised to me and too pricey for cheap BL. I don't use the pathfinder battalion really so movement is less of an issue. It would be good to see how they clarify the movement aspect of wanderer teleports. It's a shame they made it only one unit but at least it's any unit so it's still nice ability.

Archived