Hinterlands Campaign

Dez

Hello all!

Here is where we will be sharing our results in the upcoming Hinterlands Campaign starting 4/12 and ending 5/16. While playing and winning battles is good, that won't be the focus this time around. Instead, we're going to take a narrative direction. Think about making a visually appealing, themed army with a cool story behind it. There will be awards for Best Theme, Story and the Players Pick (Coolest all around warband).

How does this work?

• Each week, I'll post up a scenario. It will be a scenario from The Hinterlands Battleplans. You should play at least one game each week. Come to this thread, and post your game results (win/loss/opponent). There's no limit to how many games you can play, because this is a creative and casual event. I highly recommend a thematic, story driven battle report!
  • Post your Warband. WIP pics, stories, modeling/painting challenges, finished Warbands. I highly encourage posting your Work In Progress shots for feedback. If you have an existing army, you are more than welcome to play it, though it would be nice to give yourself a new challenge or finally take that old army out of the mothballs for an update.

Why would I do this?

• It's a great way to start playing Age of Sigmar! You can start small, at a super low price barrier. So get your friends playing too!
  • You can start a new army on a small scale. Are you a Squigophile? Love those new Stormcast models, but just don't feel like buying in for a whole new army? Well here ya go!
  • Modeling Challenge. There's a great thread on AoS28 which is a major motivator for me. Try something you've never done before, kitbashing and sculpting are super fun parts of the hobby. 
  • Fast games! No need to lug around all those Battlefoam cases. You can fit your small warband on a tray.
  • You love RPGs! I love RPGs! Whether you look at it like Diablo or a Dungeon Crawl, it can be a lot of fun.

At the end, we'll have trophies for Best theme which is how you visually tell a story with your Warband tied into their background narrative. Best Story I think is self descriptive, and doesn't have to be more than a few lines (but feel free to wax poetic!). Players Pick can be any of the Warbands polled from each user at the end of the campaign via their Warband Roster (just write your favorite Warband/Opponent on the back).

If you have any questions, just let me know. If you haven't already, make sure you join our Slack community by sending me a direct message with your email address.

Hinterlands 2.1 - By Sam James.pdf

Archived