Events UK: Rise of Empires: Border Wars, Narrative Event Weekend 16th-18th Feb 2018

HobbyHammer

• 3 weeks later...

10. Adam Ælford - @Aelford
11. Dan Comeau - @Dan Comeau
12. Joe McGough - @Silent joe
14. Ben Johnson - @Ben Johnson
16. Rufio Symes - @Rufio
17. Alan Simmet - @Simba78
18. Jamie Field - @Obfuscate

Another little shout out to those on the reserve list, spaces are available if you want to come on board. Paypal £45 to sean.houghton11@gmail.com as soon as you can. 

Edited by HobbyHammer

6 hours ago, Gulug1974 said:

45 sent through to you via PayPal!

Got it dude! 

2 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

Looks like I might be bringing my RAW Slaanesh army. Disspossed don't really have a batallion to use any more. We'll see after RAW though, need to bring something I enjoy playing!

Good luck with them chariots climbing walls in the siege games! ??

Seriously though. Cool army to bring

• 4 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Skeekrit said:

Hi @HobbyHammer

Trying to get a pass for this, but being slow on the Battalion requirement. Would really want to bring the Grots out to play and command a stronghold but no Battalion. Any chance I'd be allow to make something up?

Skeekrit (Declan)

This is very interesting, do you know I didn't realise that no Grot faction had battalions... obviously we want you there and more importantly we want Grots there! Will chat with @KyeBaker and @jon23516 about this and let you know. 

Just now, TalesOfSigmar said:

Custom battalions (as long as they were okayed with okayed with TOs beforehand) could be awesome and really thematical......

Plus it would let me run a stupid list that I've always wanted to run haha.

Yes this could be a cool thing, but could also be a bad thing at the same time, as there would be no way for us to test them before hand and therefore could make for very 'interesting' games.. What you thinking then?

3 minutes ago, HobbyHammer said:

Yes this could be a cool thing, but could also be a bad thing at the same time, as there would be no way for us to test them before hand and therefore could make for very 'interesting' games.. What you thinking then?

yeah there's both sides to the coin if allowing custom battalions. Think you'd need to rule it that they're submitted way in advance for you guys to check them out and make sure their not completely and utterly broken.

I've got a few ideas (wouldn't be me without flittering between 4-5 ideas at a time) one I'm thinking of was a Swamp Family, basically Troll Hag, Troggoths and their pet monster of the swamps (Dread Maw).

But hey, still five months to go so I'm sure I'll change my mind way before lol

1 minute ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

The Destruction factions, other than ones with a Battletome, are a bit Battalion deficient as they didn’t have any in the GA book. I don’t think Soulblight or Nighthaunt have any either. 

Yeah I found when looking through the campaign books there's a lot of factions that are lacking in any battalions. Death especially outside of FEC

ok, i think it will come down to if you decide on a faction that has no battalion, let us know and we will work together to get one done. So in answer to you previous question @Skeekrit, please PM me as to what you are thinking. 

One other stipulation will be you need to make the battalion rules look pretty, like the ones you see in the books. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys! So #RAW17 has massively raised the narrative bar again! It was an amazing event and truly shows just how cool this hobby and game is! We are now in full playtest mode of the battle plans in the pack.  There WILL be small changes to the battle plans over the course of the next few months as we firm them up. 

We wanted you to see them though now so you get a chance to plan your stories accordingly. Plus you get a chance to see the feel of how the event will play out. They are designed to be open but fair in all respects and this is what we will be firming up some more too. 

If anyone reads this that isn't attending and wants to help playtest them, all the help would be appreciated. 

We will also be asking questions soon on your armies to get the 'You choose you Story' pathways sorted. So stay tuned for that!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone! Hope your all having a good day. Not long now until the Siege of Colarcanium will begin. Need to start getting your battalion lists in so we can check them. Please either post below or DM me within the next few weeks. 

If you are thinking of bringing the below as your main Faction, please also let me know as these factions do not have battalions. We have something planned for this though of course. 

Clan Eshin, Clan Moulder, Clan Verminus, Thunderscorn, Warherd
Eldritch Council, Lion Rangers
Gitmob, Greenskinz, Gutbuster, Moonclan, Spiderfang
Deadwalkers, Soulblight, Nighthaunt

Thankyou and speak to you soon! 

(PS... as we are looking at filling this up and there are still spaces available, we have a special offer: If you know anyone from your club or other and you get them along, you will both receive a £5 discount on your ticket price, so effectively the person you invite along will get their ticket for £35! Bargain!)

If i were to do an ironfist it wouldn't have a leader. Is this acceptable or can i remove a brute boss from a unit and have him as a separate leader? Or add in another model to lead. Otherwise the only one is the weirdfist which is the same as above. Trying for some variation. 

34 minutes ago, Gulug1974 said:

If i were to do an ironfist it wouldn't have a leader. Is this acceptable or can i remove a brute boss from a unit and have him as a separate leader? Or add in another model to lead. Otherwise the only one is the weirdfist which is the same as above. Trying for some variation. 

There is the option for a Bloodtoofz and Ironsunz (Think that's the names)... but yes. You can certainly take an Ironfist and make one of the Brutes your General.

Allegiance: Ironjawz

Leaders
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)

Battleline
30 x Orruk Ardboys (450)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (280)
-  Ironjawz Battleline

Total: 1570 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 156

Weird fist battalion

Great minds  think a like @Ollie Grimwood ?

Edited by The Barwick
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, The Barwick said:

Allegiance: Ironjawz

Leaders
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)

Battleline
30 x Orruk Ardboys (450)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
-  Ironjawz Battleline
6 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (280)
-  Ironjawz Battleline

Total: 1570 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 156

Great minds  think a like @Ollie Grimwood ?

Well Ironjawz are Narrative filth ?