Vanguard chamber and questions about

KillagoreFaceslasha

So after having bought the last kits I need for my Ironjawz I thought I'd try a bit of the posterboys. Seeing as they have great potential for manneuver shenanigans, I'd like to try them, as they seem "cheap" too. Got three ideas:

Almost pure vanguard chamber A (1000pts on the dot).

Leaders: Lord Aquilor with obsidian blade on his sword, champion of the realms as trait for extra buffing of the blade. Aethereal stalker. 200pts

Lord Veritant with lightning chariot.

Battleline: 2 units of 5 hunters with stormsabres. 140pts each

Other:     3x vanguard palladors  220pts

3x vanguard raptors with the long-croswbows. 180pts

Almost pure vanguard chamber B (40pts away from objective... maybe a gryphound)

Leaaders: Lord Aquilor with obsidian blade on his sword, champion of the realms as trait for extra buffing of the blade. Aethereal stalker. 200pts

Lord Relictor with divine light. 80pts

Battleline: 2 units of 5 hunters. 140pts each.

Pure vanguard chamber.

Leaaders: Lord Aquilor with obsidian blade on his sword, champion of the realms as trait for extra buffing of the blade. Aethereal stalker. 200pts

Battleline: 2 units of 5 hunters. 140pts each.

3x aetherwings.   60pts

1x gryphound.     40pts

My basic idea is to spam the Aquilor's skill as much as possible, zip across the board and play with my opponent's ranges. Lord Veritant would provide support with his prayers, either for himself or other units that are stuck in. Lord Relictor would hang back with the crossbows and I think I'll attach a gryph hound to protect them properly. Let me ask something: when they say edge of the board, do they refer to "corners" or any limits (like a ring around the "inner board")

I could be reading this wrong, i think the battalion rule says something like "if all 3 units of pallador ride the winds aesthetic then you can" blah blah, which suggests you need to take 3 units, not just one.  Any idea of that's a correct reading or does it just mean if all your pallador ride the winds then you can do the thing?

2 minutes ago, Guiltysparc said:

I could be reading this wrong, i think the battalion rule says something like "if all 3 units of pallador ride the winds aesthetic then you can" blah blah, which suggests you need to take 3 units, not just one.  Any idea of that's a correct reading or does it just mean if all your pallador ride the winds then you can do the thing?

The only issue here is that the word all doesn't actually appear on the battalion's warscroll there. So "Aetheric Wake" bonus only kicks in if you include the full 3 units of Palladors. However, you can take anywhere between 3 and 9 Hunter units and still get the "The Trap is Sprung" bonus, since that one does say all.

26 minutes ago, Guiltysparc said:

Got It, So I was reating it correctly (that it meant you need the full 3 units of pallador to use that particular bonus rule) 

Yep. You're not required to take 3 in the battalion, but you only get access to that bonus if you do have the full 3 units of Palladors.

Archived