Maintaining the zero

Urbanus

Hello mighty etaters of flesh!

I have a quick question for you guys with experiance playing FEC. When using coutiers are you capable of "rezzing" ghouls at the same rate you loose them? Is itmerely a delaying tactic? How many coutiers of different colours do you normalt bring?

Would love the feeling of bringing back troops again. I was a Vampire Counts player for three years and ai loved it.

For Horrors, 2 Courtiers and a Varghulf does a tremendous job replenishing.  In units of 6, Battleshock will almost never affect them, and you only need 1 wound left on one model to cycle back up to full fairly easily.

For Ghouls, don't bother.  Ghast Courtiers are so easy to kill that replenishment doesn't often come into play.  Of course, unless yo have Battleshock immunity, it only takes 20 dead in a unit of 30 to guarantee that Battleshock removes them.  20 dead Ghouls is a super easy task to accomplish on a single turn.  Doing 20 wounds to a unit of 6 Horrors is twice as hard, and won't auto clear the unit.

16 hours ago, Criti said:

For Horrors, 2 Courtiers and a Varghulf does a tremendous job replenishing.  In units of 6, Battleshock will almost never affect them, and you only need 1 wound left on one model to cycle back up to full fairly easily.

For Ghouls, don't bother.  Ghast Courtiers are so easy to kill that replenishment doesn't often come into play.  Of course, unless yo have Battleshock immunity, it only takes 20 dead in a unit of 30 to guarantee that Battleshock removes them.  20 dead Ghouls is a super easy task to accomplish on a single turn.  Doing 20 wounds to a unit of 6 Horrors is twice as hard, and won't auto clear the unit.

So no rezzing ghouls? That makes me a bit sad :(

I guess I could go with horrors though I always prefered hordes.

I usually try to have one courtier of each type I'm fielding, plus a Varghulf if I can manage the points to double-dip if necessary.  Most of the time though I don't have all the points to do what I want, since I also like to include at least one and sometimes two kings on mighty steeds which eat up a ton (far too many IMHO) points.  

Due to how frequently it is to lose courtiers to shooting though, I almost want to double down on each type, but never have the points.  E.g. 2 courtiers per type, but that adds up VERY quickly and I never have been able to try it.

Archived