Stonehorn - Stone Skeleton Question

MagikVile

Question

Hey guys would like some clarification please!

Stonehorn's rules: "Stone Skeleton: Halve any wounds, including mortal wounds, inflicted on a Stonehorn (rounding up)."

When do I halve the wounds?  If I allocate 7 wounds (from single or multi-damage weapons), do I add them up first, then halve?  Or do I halve the damage of each individual weapon (rounding up?), so each 1 damage attack still does a single wound and each multi-damage gets halved.  Example: Stonehorn is hit twice by a D3 damage attack, each attack succeeds and rolls a 3 for damage.  6 total.  Half damage characteristic means 4 wounds, halved when all added up is 3, but RAW since you have to allocate wounds individually after they have all been compiled until the unit is slain could actually mean 7 individual wounds, never halved.

6 answers to this question

I think it's muddy terminology - allocating wounds individually Vs. halving damage.
The point at which you subtract 1 from the damage pool to allocate to a model, it magically transforms from a point of damage to a wound.
The stonehorn is a unit of 1, so you work out total damage from all attacks, all of this damage has to be applied to the single stonehorn. That's the point at which it is halved, when it is still 'damage'.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

INFLICTING DAMAGE After all of the attacks made by a unit have been carried out, the player commanding the target unit allocates any wounds that are inflicted to models from the unit as they see t (the models do not have to be within range or visible to an attacking unit). When inflicting damage, if you allocate a wound to a model, you must keep on allocating wounds to that model until either it is slain, or no more wounds remain to be allocated.

All wounds on the Stonehorn are totalled, other than this ability you would have inflicted 6 damage. Just before you do that assignment you half it. So in your example the Stone horn takes 3 wounds. Those POST division wounds are taken from the models remaining wounds until it is slain.

It is, as far as I understand, per damage source.

In most cases that would be 1 activation.

So if a unit shoots - they all do a set of wounds to be halved as one.

If a unit is activated to hit the stonehorn in combat they do their wounds to be halved as one.

The wounds caused by one unit are inflicted onto another after the action is complete.

It is in the Destruction FaQ :)

Q: Stonehorns. Do you halve the number of wounds done (i.e. before rolling for D3/D6 damage, etc.) or the amount of damage done?
A: Halve the damage inflicted after all of the attacks made by the attacking unit have been carried out.

Just pile everything, then halve.

Archived