High elves to Undead

fez_the_druid

Hello! 

I hope I'm in the right place.  I'm have the Isle of Blood/spire box and I'm looking to change them into some kind of Death army.  I already have an idea of turning the swordmasters into Tomb/Crypt guard but I'm not sure how the regular line infantry fits in.  Are there any spirit-style Battleline units or do I need to pick up some skeleton bits?

Thanks,

Fez

I remember seeing a high elf army turned into vampire counts with simple changes (swaping spearmen heads for skulls) and clever paint job. It looked great.

If you just paint the skin really pale or with ghost-like effect (nihilakh oxide), make the armour look rusted and limit the palette it could work great. Using Dragon Princes as Blood Knights is a classic, so why not the same for the rest of the army?  

You would need one more squad of spearmen but i would go for something like:

Griffon rider = Vamp lord on drake or Neferatta - General - 440

Archmage = Necromancer or possible one of the named vamp lords (Vlad or something) - 120

X10 Swordmaster = Grave Guard with Greatblades = 160

X5 Ellryian reavers (Or whatever they are called now) = Black knights = 120 (I do thin hexwraiths would fit better but you would have to re jingle points)

X10 Spireguard = Skelies with spears (Battleline) - 80

x10 Spireguard = Skelies with spears (Battleline) - 80 (Obviously you would need to buy some extra)

Voila 1000 pts valid army

OR to make a force without any additions. have your swordmasters as skelies with swords and take a unit of blood knights instead of black knights and Mannfred for another 1000 points

17 minutes ago, KHHaunts said:

Archmage = Necromancer or possible one of the named vamp lords (Vlad or something) - 120

X5 Ellryian reavers (Or whatever they are called now) = Black knights = 120 (I do thin hexwraiths would fit better but you would have to re jingle points)

x10 Spireguard = Skelies with spears (Battleline) - 80 (Obviously you would need to buy some extra)

OR to make a force without any additions. have your swordmasters as skelies with swords and take a unit of blood knights instead of black knights and Mannfred for another 1000 points

I'd love to see this army! Just a note, though - my experience is people tend to frown on using proxies for named character warscrolls. Silly, but something to keep in mind...

4 minutes ago, Furious said:

I'd love to see this army! Just a note, though - my experience is people tend to frown on using proxies for named character warscrolls. Silly, but something to keep in mind...

yeah i know just trying trying to fill in that 20 point gap lol

2 hours ago, KHHaunts said:

I have a load of spearmen and around 50 Archers.  High elves are not great at the moment and undead seem great fun! I also have some a couple of silver helms and a few dragon prines/lances.  I was considering using the Prince on Griffon as a Vampire Lord on Abyssal Terror.  Thoughts?  Thanks for all your help guys!

6 minutes ago, fez_the_druid said:

I have a load of spearmen and around 50 Archers.  High elves are not great at the moment and undead seem great fun! I also have some a couple of silver helms and a few dragon prines/lances.  I was considering using the Prince on Griffon as a Vampire Lord on Abyssal Terror.  Thoughts?  Thanks for all your help guys!

Might seem like a petty consideration but i may have gone with the Abyssal terror on the grounds that its a better size and power matchup proxy for a dragon.

As for the rest. If your happy with a Death alliance army then you can just use them as TK archers.

Or you may want to consider going full TK proxy. Not sure what you could proxy the griffon as from TK though . . . . .

I think if you get the sprite-revenant heads, the longed haired ones, and put those on the heros that are still alive (vampire, necromancer) and then paint the regular troops in dark colors, not sparkly, maybe rusted, and pale skin tones, you have a perfectly legitimate reanimated aelf undead force where Nagash has turned the leaders to his cause.

Alternatively, if you want to go Flesh Eater Courts, you need some blood and fangs/claws (in my opinion) but other than that, they are the FEC that believe they are still knightly/noble people.

For both of these I think the biggest issue are the Reavers. You are gonna need to give them new weapons whatever you run them as. Mounted bows dont fly in undead unless you are talking compendium Tomb Kings

14 hours ago, Thundercake said:

I think if you get the sprite-revenant heads, the longed haired ones, and put those on the heros that are still alive (vampire, necromancer) and then paint the regular troops in dark colors, not sparkly, maybe rusted, and pale skin tones, you have a perfectly legitimate reanimated aelf undead force where Nagash has turned the leaders to his cause.

Alternatively, if you want to go Flesh Eater Courts, you need some blood and fangs/claws (in my opinion) but other than that, they are the FEC that believe they are still knightly/noble people.

For both of these I think the biggest issue are the Reavers. You are gonna need to give them new weapons whatever you run them as. Mounted bows dont fly in undead unless you are talking compendium Tomb Kings

oooooooo do this ^

Archived