Attacking in the Hero Phase?

Alucardh

Question

hi, i have some question, are a combat phase on hero phase? i dont how work battalion like deathwatch (FEC), kunnin'rukk (bonesplitter) or some hero comand abilities like prophet of da waaagh (wurrgog Prophet) for match play

Thanks For Help 

15 answers to this question

Dead Sneaky (Kunnin' Rukk's special ability) allows one unit in range of your Big Boss to behave as if it were the appropriate phase ie. move as if it were the movement phase, shoot as if it were the shooting phase, and attack as if it were the combat phase. In addition, it doesn't up that action for the turn (you can attack again in the usual combat phase). Hopefully that's what you're asking.

37 minutes ago, Fr0 said:

Dead Sneaky (Kunnin' Rukk's special ability) allows one unit in range of your Big Boss to behave as if it were the appropriate phase ie. move as if it were the movement phase, shoot as if it were the shooting phase, and attack as if it were the combat phase. In addition, it doesn't up that action for the turn (you can attack again in the usual combat phase). Hopefully that's what you're asking.

hiFr0 thats mean that kunnin`rukk moce twice, shooting twice and attack twice? and on the combat phase the enemy can attack my unit after the first attack?

Just now, Alucardh said:

hiFr0 thats mean that kunnin`rukk moce twice, shooting twice and attack twice? and on the combat phase the enemy can attack my unit after the first attack?

Yeah, it means that you can potentially attack, shoot or move twice with one unit in a turn. Keep in mind you still follow the usual turn order, but this special rule allows them to act in the hero phase as if it were that phase.

A note on your last sentence, your enemy cannot attack you in your hero phase as that's your special ability. Example; you pick your Savage Orruks to smash in that unit of Liberators in your hero phase you attack, and that's it. Follow the normal flow for your turn.

2 minutes ago, Fr0 said:

Yeah, it means that you can potentially attack, shoot or move twice with one unit in a turn. Keep in mind you still follow the usual turn order, but this special rule allows them to act in the hero phase as if it were that phase.

A note on your last sentence, your enemy cannot attack you in your hero phase as that's your special ability. Example; you pick your Savage Orruks to smash in that unit of Liberators in your hero phase you attack, and that's it. Follow the normal flow for your turn.

thats sound OP :o

1 minute ago, Alucardh said:

thats sound OP :o

It has the potential to be really powerful, for sure but don't forget it's only one unit per turn and you pay the points to field the battalion. I don't think it's OP, personally but definitely has its uses and a second volley of shooting can be devastating against some units for example.

From what I remember of the FAQ, certain things only work in the actual phase they are supposed to though.  So even though you may Pile In and Attack as though its the Combat Phase, if something buffs you in the Combat Phase, you won't get that buff, because it is the Hero phase.

From the FAQ;

Furthermore, abilities that specifically state they can
only be used in a certain phase can only be used in that
phase and/or their effects will only apply in that phase.

So they'll get to attack in the Hero phase, but they may not have as many bonuses in it?

For example, Tzaangor Coven lets the Tzaangor attack/pile in in the Hero Phase, but they won't get the +1 to Wound from an Arcanite Hero, because that ability specifically states "in the combat phase."

Am I understanding that right?  Cause that'd be super if the Tzaangor got the +1 to Wound from both the Arcanite Hero and the Battalion. B|

The FAQ inadvertently makes the Arrer Boy Filth even more broken as it turns off your opponent's defences vs shooting (e.g. shields or the Verminlord Deceiver) for the hero phase shots. Law of unintended consequences strikes again.

19 hours ago, Goodwin said:

From what I remember of the FAQ, certain things only work in the actual phase they are supposed to though.

For sure. Some units benefit from things in specific phases, so this could be a good way to neuter certain units' effectiveness. I don't have any tourney play under my belt yet, so didn't really consider filthy the Arrer Boyz could actually be, but once you stack up enough buffs on any unit they become a deathball.

Archived