Tropes of AoS

Arkiham

i enjoy these and everyone knows one and swears by it.

for instance.

horses always do more damage than their riders. 

when your stat line is 3+ rerolling 1's you roll nothing but 2's 

abilities which work on a 2+ never work.

anyone have more?

The more important it is to your victory that you make a charge, the higher the probability of rolling snake eyes on the dice. 

Painted models roll better dice.

I don't care what your fancy pants "math degree" says, you know this to be true.

6 minutes ago, Galas said:

The first time you put in the table that lovely giant model you spend 3 weeks painted... it does absolutely nothing.

Extra points if its eat a cannon ball to the face.

I think this is psychology at work. You finally finish that unit, you are all excited about it and talk about it a lot. So of course your opponent was focussed on it, and once the game starts...the focus is still there!

3 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Club players play weekly, sometimes multiple times a week until a player with small children at home suddenly and unexpectedly has a bunch of times free for a while.

Suddenly no one is free!

The story of my life! Or it's people are free every other day besides Wednesday, haha.

2 hours ago, Dez said:

I think this is psychology at work. You finally finish that unit, you are all excited about it and talk about it a lot. So of course your opponent was focussed on it, and once the game starts...the focus is still there!

It's also because you have higher expectations for the newly painted model especially if it's your first time fielding it.

9 hours ago, Galas said:

The first time you put in the table that lovely giant model you spend 3 weeks painted... it does absolutely nothing.

Haha. This is exactly what happened to my Gargant. First time I placed him on the table. I lost initiative and he immediately died to enemy cannon fire

I then learned to avoid cannons at deployment :) 

9 hours ago, Galas said:

Extra points if its eat a cannon ball to the face.

This happened to my demon prince in his first battle. My son was playing his cousin and they were using my khorne and sons seraphon. Demon prince ended up being bogged down by skinks. He bravely killed one before being vapourized by a bastiladon.

Think we're seeing a lot of cases of "New Model Syndrome" - a new model will nearly always be a massive flop or die horrifically in the first battle they play in.  If the model was unpainted, then once you complete your paint job, the next battle they'll also perform awfully...

Dice are actually sentient, if you know the odds they'll do their best to prove otherwise.

When you keep rolling low on a dice you switch it out for a different one...

Beastclaw tropes ( aka things that happen to me consistently) 

When you roll D6 mortal wounds on a frostlord on Stonehorn after the charge  you will always roll a 1.

All your Beastriders will miss in shooting, every....time.

Your whole army will roll double 1's for the charge.

Archived