The SCGT Preparation Thread - Death Edition!

DeadlySarcasm

Hey Guys!

With South Coast only a few weeks away, I thought it would be really cool to hear about what everyone's working on in preparation for south coast.

So, this is the place if you want to post up list ideas, talk about what hobby your working on, show off your WIP display boards and armies, terrain, whatever you want to!

Where's all the snakes gone Dan?

I've been doing OK in practice games with a mixed Death army which includes 60 Zombies.  The Zombies win me the scenarios while the VLOZD, Spirit Hosts and Crypt Horrors do all the killing.

The snakes test points and others are too much. Simple put.

it very difficult at the moment for choosing a Death alliance army at Tournaments.

You pay for the event , travel, hotel etc for a ish balanced game.

Its almost, almost beating me, but I am still trying to find army list to beat the top four:

Stormcast

Sylvaneth

Beastclaw mix

And now maybe the new Tzeentch 

oh and must account for Clan Skryre . Rare but it a very valid army.

look at Ricky list from Tomorrow burns event, it was solid. :)

I don't live in EU and I don't play as many tier 1 lists.

But this is my take on the current higher end of non TK-Death:

Allegiance: Death
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)
- General
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Trait: Ruler of the Night
- Artefact: Cloak of Mists and Shadows
Necromancer (120)
40 x Skeleton Warriors (320)
- Ancient Spear & Shield
10 x Zombies (60)
10 x Zombies (60)
2 x Morghast Archai (240)
Mourngul (400)
Total: 1640/2000

Leftover points you can move into Spirit Hosts to tie up and kill Monsters.

Mortis Engine to heal up monsters

-10 zombies an +40 skeletons. (Would want a wight king too or second Necro)

Hexwraiths/dire wolves for chaff

Vampire on Abyssal terror seems very very expensive now. Useful spell but honestly he is 3/4 the cost of just getting another Mourngul, which is pure filth but still the BeastClaw/Grot Mix is filth, Unkillable Teelords with Kurnoth Hunter spam is pretty filth. SCE is pretty honest, it's just better than most things when built w/ synergy. Skyfire spam is pretty filth. Tzeentch in general has killed my VLOZD in 1 turn in 4 separate games. I would expect the tournament to be a hard series and plan accordingly.

Leave 240 summoning points for Morghast Harbingers, but then you wizards will probably get sniped.

Well that's  couple schools of thought. In general with all the shooting going around, elite wound output has gone pretty high, so the VLOZDs of the world can get alpha'd easily. While it seems horde based armies can control objectives easier and do more buckets of dice damage, which is going to help survive the mortal/high rend wound output at the moment.

Archived