Rough start to the Savage

SolarBur

Well i got back in last night from my very first two games with the one 1k Bonesplitterz army i was planning on running for the campaign. And you know what, i don't half feel sore after the brutal beatings i got at the hands of my two opponents yesterday. While i did minor victory the second game, i just got dragged down badly in the first and second to where i was just beaten up xD

My list was:

Savage Big Boss 

Wardokk 

20 Savage Orruks with Chompa's

20 Savage Orruks with Stikka's

5 Boarboys with Chompa's

5 Boarboys with Chompa's

2 Big Stabba's 

Battalion - Brutal Rukk

Well that was my list, and my first opponent was a khorne mortal army. He was running a mighty lord of khorne, the hero with the banner, 10 blood warriors, and 30 mark of khorne chaos warriors. I don't need to explain how the game went because all i need to say in that 30 man unit was not ever taking battleshock tests. We decided to roll off randomly for spells and items, and of course, my luck being what it is, i ended up with monster hunting stuff. Yup, like i said, no need to go into details, that 30 man blob unit i could not shift ^^;;;

The second game i went up against an alliance force. I changed my list slightly, got rid of the rukk, put the boarboys into one unit, and dropped the wardokk for a wurgog. This time we chose our abilities, artifacts and spell (for me anyways), I went for the re-roll battleshock, (can't remember my item), and brutal beast spirits.

What set up across from me was a treeman ancient, the skull headed stormcast with the banner, 2 units of five liberators, 2 tempestors, and 10 irondrakes.  And this was a nightmare because out of the 7 terrain pieces we had, 5 of them were mystical. Lots of troops were eating grass in that game ^^;;;

Anyways the mission was the one where there are 4 markers set up in the middle of four boards, and you win in your claim all four or minor victory if you have more than your opponent by the end you win. Well i managed a minor victory from being faster. but i was just losing a unit a term almost. The boarboys ate grass a couple of times, and just never saw combat once. though they got me two objectives at least. 

But yeah all in all it was a pretty rough time. I'm still trying to figure out how i could improve my list, but i'm coming up blank for the campaign. I know there is going to be a lot of cheese in it, but i won't go kunning rukk, mostly because i want to play a game and not just stand and shoot ^^;;;

Any suggestions on that i can do ? 

• 2 weeks later...

Outside the kunning rukk, there are two things that Bonesplitterz have going for them. Caster support and battalions. The Kunning ruck is great, in that you can get multiple activations out of it, and arrowboys generate the greatest volume of attacks in the army. There are other options though.

You can fit in an Icebone Warclan into 1,000 points, which could be an option. You get increased speed for the maniacs, who each get two activations per turn, and potential for mortal wounds on the charge. You will also get two casters and a nifty artifact. Overall it's a solid choice, but it is kind of a low model count.

You could also do a Drakkfoot Warclan with a Wurrgog and two savage orruk units for your battle line. This one gets you 4 casters, which is a lot of spell support, and can be a good source of mortal wounds. Plus with the Wurrgog and bonus spell you get two additional activations each turn, which helps a lot.

Those would be some less used options. My 1k list is a Snagga Rukk, Wurrgog, and 30 Arrow boys. 

At 1k i struggled in my first game but at 1.5k i did alot better my list playing escalation was 

Prophet

Big boss

Maniak weird ****** 

30 arrowboyz

30 savage boys 15 chompas 15 stikkas

And 3 units of 5 Maniak boarboys 

And the kunnin ruk for 180 arrow attacks :D killed a unit of 20 skaven wolverines which would destroyed me with there rend

Also the maniak boarboys get to attack at the end of your combat phase so 20 extra attacks also if you use maniak boarboys walk out of comabt and charge back on for the rerolls WAAAAGHHH!

Pure Bonesplitterz without the arrow storm seem to do best with loads of Boys and all the Support you can get. They function well in big mobs with Spears and then you can layer on multiple Hero effects. It's not going to be very competitive in the grand scheme of things because no Rend is very harsh but it can get things done. You can also make a good mixed arms list without Kunnin' Rukk but still using Arrowboys. Boarboyz pair wonderfully with Wizards, the Double Movement and Flying Spell will get them into fun places.

Best competitive, pure Bonesplitterz list is Double Kunnin' Rukk but that's very likely getting a nerf in the next Matched Play rules and you're going to get A LOT of hate for that list.

Archived