Struggling with army selection, assistance required. Apply within!

PlainOldGavin

I'm a bit of a non-committal Wargamer. Have been the same for years and never owned a fully painted army. I tried a hobby blog on this site but I've hit another wall. Whilst the Stormcast excited me at first, the models from the starter set are mostly not going to go in many of the lists that I write which leaves me here again at army selection.

I'm looking for a mixed arms army that I can get away with not being the best painter (right now) and still get a kick out of using them (read: has strong battle tome options). I've narrowed it down to the following:

Stormcast

Seraphon

Disciples of Tzeentch

Sylvaneth

While that doesn't sound like a very short list, it really does go to show you at how bad I am at picking something and sticking with it. Do you guys have any experiences or suggestions that could help me with my dilemma?

Note: This felt like the most appropriate forum to place it given 3/4 of the armies I'm looking at are order. Feel free to move this if I've put it in the wrong place!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, chord said:

An order grand alliance army?  Then you can mix and match with whatever catches your attention as time goes along

This - I was going to say the same thing. 3 of the 4 factions you've listed are order. None of them have any, or much anyway, human skin to paint which can often be difficult to get right. If you get bored of painting trees then you can switch to dinosaurs for a bit or armour-clad lightning thingys and you'll still be working towards the same army.

Then if other order units catch your eye you can pick them up too.

Archived