How to kill a VoZD (Vampire lord on zombie dragon)

Korazell

Hello, Order player here who stumbled on your lovely topic. VoZD would be my first target for my Hurricanum, Luminark and 2 Handgunners long rifles. Based on how that performed, I'd be looking to go 1:1 with my Carmine Dragon to finish it off. I'm assuming that it's buffed to the teeth

43 minutes ago, Criti said:

If you're not comfortable with all out engagement if it Mystic Shields, you chaff.  Chaff doesn't always mean engage in AoS, either.

A basic Orruk on a 32mm base has a 7.25" diameter zone of blocking that the Vampire can't enter without charging.  A unit of 10, properly spaced, can blot out a huge area and force the Vampire to engage them.  A second and/or 3rd unit of chaff positioned so that they will be caight within 3" when the Vampire engages will keep him in combat, but far enough away that he'll need to use his pile in to engage them - forcing a 2nd and 3rd turn of engagement.  If he retreats, he doesn't fight that turn.  If the chaff happens to survive into your turn, you pull it out of combat and use whatever models are left to create as big a blocking zone as possible to limit the Vampire's options again. 

Then,  if he doesn't shield, you pounce with everything.

Take it from a Necron player who fields almost nothing but Warriors.  Roll enough dice and everything dies. 

Won't it just fly over the chaff? 

6 minutes ago, Tom said:

Won't it just fly over the chaff? 

That's why you utilize the zones of control.  As me mentioned, a single Orruk has a 7.25" area that he can't  land in.  If the next unit (be it chaff or a legit unit) is a few inches back from that, you can easily create a zone he can't jumo over with movement because he'd land withi 3" of something.  From there, it's just a matter of making sure there isn't a gap big enough to land that huge base in if he decides to charge over the chaff, which should not be hard. 

Fly is a useless rule if the opponent knows how to position.

52 minutes ago, Criti said:

That's why you utilize the zones of control.  As me mentioned, a single Orruk has a 7.25" area that he can't  land in.  If the next unit (be it chaff or a legit unit) is a few inches back from that, you can easily create a zone he can't jumo over with movement because he'd land withi 3" of something.  From there, it's just a matter of making sure there isn't a gap big enough to land that huge base in if he decides to charge over the chaff, which should not be hard. 

Fly is a useless rule if the opponent knows how to position.

Sounds orrukie ?

36 minutes ago, Tom said:

Sounds orrukie ?

Just as Orrukie about worrying about killing the Dragon.

Orruk just want a fight.  Doesn't much matter how it ends.

If they win, they win.  If they lose, they did so while fighting, so they win.  If they run away, rhey get to fight again later.  So they win.

my answer was lost, anywau sereously... it's easy to kill. A GkoTG is much more difficult to kill if it has the support of his own spell and it is the genral (or close to it) and anyway still risk. I still hasn't died to me, but I choose quite good where to send it.

Archived