Savage Orruks Strategy and Tips??

Orionwill

Not sure about the strategy since I don't play them, but you can't have 15 of each in a unit of 30. If you read the warscroll closely, you will see that it says that the unit as a whole is armed with either Stikkas or Chompas, not that each model can be armed with either.

I had the same thoughts before I started to play. So I have 10 chompas and 20 Stikkas.  I'm at some point going to add more chompas. 
I've layered a unit of chompas followed by a unit of stikkas and then a unit of Big Stabbas. that worked well, kinda. it would have been better if I had played a bit smarter at the time.  But 3 units in layers let my get more combat activations for a little bit but I roll poorly...
Using layers and adding buffs.  But you also have t watch where you pic your casualties. And don't have to set up like that in block formation. You can set a picket and have you supporting units with in 4 or 5 inches so you can move them then pile in where you want. I've started to look for ways to strand enemy units out of pile in range as well. cuts down on the incoming attacks, increasing my own surviveability. Still playing around with how and when and where to make it work. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived