Make the Hate Wagon great again

Urbanus

Hey Guys.

Quick question: Is there anyway to make the Greenskinz Chariot preform? Whats its role? What tactic to use? Should I paint it red?

That thing has been the biggest disapointment in AoS so far. Am I missing something or should I just convert it into terrain ASAP?

I use the one in my Start Collecting! box as champions to my Boyz, and the cart itself was reused as a piece of terrain, a nice orky barricade.

The boars are just ugly, they are in the bitz box.

PD: It needs to be pointed, that I already have 5 Boar Boyz chariots.

20 hours ago, Urbanus said:

No one knows how to run it effeciently?!

Thats it, its scrap!

The best I can think of is to use it as a mobile tarpit. Just run it up the field and stand in the way of something big and scary - it will be forced to either charge you, or move around you. The problem is that it's too expensive for this, in comparison to other units that can do the same thing (Gore-gruntas, Grot Wolf Riders). But that's the most effective way I can think of using it.

I have figured it has some kind of sense as a small tank, when you want to block a not too scary unit of your enemy. Run into it, make some (very few) wounds and wait until it's chopped to pieces. If you want to support it with mystic shield it can block out a unit for one to two turns. Meanwhile you do other things.

Man, I got two chariots with new Boars to make them look great again.. no pun intended. It is a shame they are not usable for anything but "Start Collecting Dust." GH2 and a Orruk Codex with Ironjawz rules and Greenskins rules would be fantastic. At least make the Orruk Boyz 2 wounds a piece, the Chariots cause D3 Mortal Wounds on the charge and 2/3 of the cost. Greenskinz would actually become playable again. If so, I'm bringing back the oldschool!

2 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

They look great as a weapon in the hands of a Gargant....now, whether a Gargant is much better a choice is a question for another topic! ;) 

The gargant has a scary damage output so the enemy will focus on getting rid of him. 

But yeah. Another topic. :)

40 minutes ago, Anaticula said:

The gargant has a scary damage output so the enemy will focus on getting rid of him. 

But yeah. Another topic. :)

Last time I fielded one, the only thing it accomplished was killing my own Fanatics by rolling a double 6 on the charge and falling on top of them. As far as I remember, this may be the only time I ever got a double 6 on the charge too. Doh!

On 29.3.2017 at 5:23 PM, Solaris said:

Last time I fielded one, the only thing it accomplished was killing my own Fanatics by rolling a double 6 on the charge and falling on top of them. As far as I remember, this may be the only time I ever got a double 6 on the charge too. Doh!

Hehe as I've said: It is scary. Didn't say for whom. :D;)

I like him because he is so orcish.

Archived