Human type skin tone on Brutes

Whitespyre

What tone of skin are you going for? I think a darker, dirtier tone could work really well for the orruks, but might not contrast as strongly against the black armour.

I painted a Megaboss and a warchanter conversion with pale skin for RAW16, Dogga Da Albino. The skin tone actually looked quite cool, and I actually use Dogga as my Megaboss in my normal lists now over my greenskin megaboss! 

As far as them looking like ogres, that really wont be an issue. The aesthetic for the models is SO different to the Ogre aesthetic, I would be surprised if people looked at them and thought "They just look like ogres".

Nice to see some uncommon hobby ideas. Make sure you get some pictures up!

Arrrrrgh, fixing required...

4 hours ago, Whitespyre said:

Nothing to see here guys. Gona try out a green skin tone on the Brutes. Against Black Armour. I know it works, lol. 

Phew, fabric of the universe saved again ? 

Seriously though, good luck and, yes, pictures!

Interesting question...

This is something that I have been thinking about for a bit... My initial idea was to use parts of the Megaboss for an armored/ beefier version of the Ogors (would be converting the upper part of the body of a Frostlord on Stonehorn) - I find it would make the character more menacing and serious... And yes, the armor has the Ironjaws DNA all over it, but at the same time it is destruction, and narrative-wise it is not impossible that a Frostlord might have been able to convince orcs to give him one of their armor...

Below is a picture of the Megaboss with an Ogor helmet from another company (forget which one) - I really like this look.

Ogor1.JPG.34a38e485bcd01e84b44824aec763296.JPG

At the same time, for my Tzeentch army, I have been converting Blood Warriors into Chaos Warriors / Chosen: replacing their blocky Khorne head-piece with generic chaos horns, adding a Tzeenthc shield and replacing the Khorne axe (see pic below). I don't like the current Chosen and Chaos warrior models since a) they are too blocky and old school for me and b) they are dressed for winter with their fur coats, which doesn't gel with the barenaked Acolytes and Tzaangors.  Would be happy to get your feedback, but the model below works as tzeentchy chaos warriors; I am less convinced re as Tzeentch Chosen.

ChaosWarrior1.JPG.5ad2ecc80411e28543835dd1f7244a76.JPG

But then, I started to think, would the Brutes' body and armor work for Chosen? I guess that for AoS Purists, this must be sacrilegious, but I do find the brutes' armor quite "chaos-y" if painted in dark metal, and they would make nice and more imposing Chosen  models...

I find that the Brutes armour lack the refinement and baroque touch of the chaos warriors armours, but maybe its work. I don't think It will work well in a tzeentch army but... 

Besides, that chaos warrior model looks ULTRA cool. I'm sorry but I'm gonna stolen that Idea if someday I made a Tzeentch army!

But this its a little disrespect, no? Speaking of this in Whitespyre thread :P 

13 minutes ago, Galas said:

I find that the Brutes armour lack the refinement and baroque touch of the chaos warriors armours, but maybe its work. I don't think It will work well in a tzeentch army but... 

Besides, that chaos warrior model looks ULTRA cool. I'm sorry but I'm gonna stolen that Idea if someday I made a Tzeentch army!

But this its a little disrespect, no? Speaking of this in Whitespyre thread :P 

Thank you for the kind comment... 

Re the Brutes, I get your point of view and this is what I am struggling with at the moment. They don't really fit, but they are such cooooool models...

I apologize a thousand times. When I first read your initial post I automatically assumed that you were talking about converting Brutes into humans (probably because I have been thinking about this for a while...). Having re-read it again, I now realize that my contribution to this thread is a lot less relevant / a lot more off-topic than I had thought initially. 

So, apologies for that. 

I am now however very intrigued by the idea of an orc face in human flesh tone - I look forward to seeing the outcome...

Archived