Name our gaming club.

Olincay

Hey everyone, my local gaming buddies and myself are trying to come up with a club name for our group.
We're tossing with the idea of producing our own combat gauges and other bits and bobs for events we plan on running which will sport our name.
Just one problem, we don't have one.
Alittle information about us, were situated in Adelaide Australia, It's aos exclusive *we play other systems but this group is to promote aos*
Ideally we want it to sound AOS'y but still kinda reflect on our group.
Anyyything you guys come up with would be great! Cheers in advance.

While everyone (so far - me) gets this out of their systems I have questions about the direction you want to go for naming:

Do you want to reference your national heritage?

Does that heritage inclue the other harsh,  strong,  war-like or bad elements (say Scandiavian 'Viking' named clubs, the Vikings weren't all sunshine and rainbows)?

Do you want a unique brand name with more reference to the mortal realms as opposed to your geograhical location?

Or is the location more important so people know when they see your group name that they can find fellow gamers in Adelaide?

I think naming clubs is interesting.

1 minute ago, MrCharisma said:

Church of Sigmar

I like this one, bit of sigmar worship, hobby as holy, a hobby sabbath day idea.

It also references some part of the info on adelaide in wikipedia that is least likely to potentially be offensive to some, " It has been known as the "City of Churches" since the mid-19th century."

No chance of it causing grief for the group or bad publicity. Surely.

It sounds dumb but from my perspective as an Irishman, I've no idea of what is a politically loaded term in the history of Adelaide or Australia or not.

3 minutes ago, Turragor said:

While everyone (so far - me) gets this out of their systems I have questions about the direction you want to go for naming:

Do you want to reference your national heritage?

Does that heritage inclue the other harsh,  strong,  war-like or bad elements (say Scandiavian 'Viking' named clubs, the Vikings weren't all sunshine and rainbows)?

Do you want a unique brand name with more reference to the mortal realms as opposed to your geograhical location?

Or is the location more important so people know when they see your group name that they can find fellow gamers in Adelaide?

I think naming clubs is interesting.

Probably a unique brand name as priority with our location/geographical region coming second. Our heritage is not really important at all, as were all a mix anyway.
This is just my opinion and doesn't reflect on everyone in the group. If people can come up with either or that would be schweet.

1 minute ago, Turragor said:

It sounds dumb but from my perspective as an Irishman, I've no idea of what is a politically loaded term in the history of Adelaide or Australia or not.

Adelaide is known for 3 things;

1. City of Churches
  2. Highest Serial Killers Per Capata
  3. Being known as Radalaide 

No real need to worry about being politically correct with them, we in Sydney often forget they are apart of our country to begin with :-)

1 minute ago, MrCharisma said:

Adelaide is known for 3 things;

1. City of Churches
  2. Highest Serial Killers Per Capata
  3. Being known as Radalaide 

No real need to worry about being politically correct with them, we in Sydney often forget they are apart of our country to begin with :-)

You're all convicts on that desert island anyway!

Use those two harsh concepts to get a real mean and impressive club name - like this audio book https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NO/Prisoner-of-the-Black-Sun

The Stormcrows

AFL of Sigmar

Realmgates Down Under

Ghurstralian Wargamers

Aussies of Aqshy (unless some of you are New Azyrlanders) :D 

Fortress of Azyralaide

Radelaide Retributors

Realms of Radelaide

Sigmarbeque Battlers  (as in BBQ)

Duardin Diggers

Southern Cross Stormcast

Whatever it is, consider your warcry to be "Aqshy, Aqshy, Aqshy, Oi, Oi, Oi"  :D

Also consider referring to the All-Gates as the Centre-Link :D

Hope these helped!

Archived