Adepticon News.

Ben

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Teletomas said:

And what about this guy... What do you make of him/her? Heavy tk look

Skærmbillede 2017-03-23 kl. 09.26.54.png

I don't get a pure tk from it. The collar and frill and the neck ... gem(?) give it another vibe.

I think if you look at any art they do that hints at an egyptian source and think 'TOMB KINGS!' you are right to see the shared source materials but perhaps wrong to hope any tomb kings models are coming in the future.

If that makes sense.

7 minutes ago, Turragor said:

I don't get a pure tk from it. The collar and frill and the neck ... gem(?) give it another vibe.

I think if you look at any art they do that hints at an egyptian source and think 'TOMB KINGS!' you are right to see the shared source materials but perhaps wrong to hope any tomb kings models are coming in the future.

If that makes sense.

You're probably right, it looks more like a mixed khemri / vampire look

NUHLAHMIA!!!! ?

I'm really sorry, although I'm dead excited for the AoS stuff, today I will mostly be browsing other forums and crying with laughter at the fearmongering for 40k.

Apparently in AoS, if you win a combat with 20 guys and roll a 6 for Bravery, you lose the whole unit.

The rend mechanic slows things down and is complicated.

No USRs mean that everything will be boring and samey.

:D

Dat Shadespire though... *Aubergine emoji* *spray emoji*

4 minutes ago, BaldoBeardo said:

I'm really sorry, although I'm dead excited for the AoS stuff, today I will mostly be browsing other forums and crying with laughter at the fearmongering for 40k.

Apparently in AoS, if you win a combat with 20 guys and roll a 6 for Bravery, you lose the whole unit.

The rend mechanic slows things down and is complicated.

No USRs mean that everything will be boring and samey.

:D

Dat Shadespire though... *Aubergine emoji* *spray emoji*

I am an adult and want AoS to keep getting more popular.

Even so my childish impulsive side wants to go to the other forums and say things like, "Yo I am IN deep with AoS and know the most hidden rules and how the games play out. It's sick man, if they use these same hidden rules in 40k, man it'll be terrible..."

And then make up a ludicrous rule or scenario to highlight it.

1 hour ago, Praecautus said:

The write up of shadespire on community site mentions that different bands of warriors will be available, including models for factions who have not yet had models since they ventured into the age of sigmar...

I'm really liking this approach to model releases.

Popping Aelves or death models or whatnot into side games to keep people interested and hint at future faction aesthetics is a brilliant way of engaging with community interest.

I was easily one of GWs biggest detractors a couple of years a go but they really do seem to be changing direction

Is there any more info from Adepticon coming up ? Because it was a HUGE letdown 

- Shadespire is ultra cool and will play for sure with my friends or even more. It's mega easy to organise small tournaments and big events. Also minis look sweet 

- then apart from that - showing few Shadespire minis, there was NOTHING AoS related (ok Warscroll Builder is coming to WH community) no Overlords rules or minis, no new faction, no GH2 info, no sneak peak into Khorne BT, no new minis . I don't care about Wk40k and AoS stuff was huge letdown for me. 

Is there any chance to get new info from Adepticon or is it all ? 

2 hours ago, Darth Alec said:

Is that Nagash' headdress on a regular (ish) face? WHAT IS GOING ON? This art is throwing me off. I don't know what to believe anymore. GW send help.

Considering the human like proportions rather then aelfish(sp?), it could a hint at the Stormcast stolen by Nagash

it almost looks like zombified skin around the dead yellowed eyes behind a silver face mask

14 minutes ago, Ragequit said:

Considering the human like proportions rather then aelfish(sp?), it could a hint at the Stormcast stolen by Nagash

it almost looks like zombified skin around the dead yellowed eyes behind a silver face mask

That's certainly possible. I just don't know what to think. The eyes make me think Tyrion (who is blind) or Malerion, but the headress is definitely Nagash. Where is the scooby doo crew to unmask this guy!?

7 minutes ago, pforson said:

Why does the female Stormcast have such a defined six-pack?

Because all Stormcast have well-defined sixpacks? Because she is likely ripped as heck under there, just like every other Stormcast?

There are still a few days left of Adepticon so maybe today we will see those Shadow Aelfs. If they pulled out everything on the first day than, well i was right saying that they will focus on Shadowspire and it is a bit too early to show a new race after duardin. Although if they really said, that they were going to show stuff that may even not be released this year then where is it? 

19 minutes ago, Darth Alec said:

Because all Stormcast have well-defined sixpacks? Because she is likely ripped as heck under there, just like every other Stormcast?

Yep. On the models the larger male chest plate overhangs the first 2 ab muscles usually. Maybe the female chest plate reveals more abs simply.

Yeah I know Shadowkin announcement was a logn shot but still huge letdown :

- no new minis apart from Shadespire but it was SE and Khrone all over again

- no other look at Shadespire factions 

- no info about Overlords,Khorne Battletome ot GH2 

- no hints for whats next in Mortal Realms

Archived