Jawz and Gobbos list

ADDriot

Hi Guys, I like the idea of having some gobbos chucked in with me Jawz. How does this list look to you guys?

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Megaboss (140)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
20 x Moonclan Grots (120)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
10 x Orruk Ardboys (180)
5 x Orruk Brutes (180)
- Pair of Brute Choppas
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Pair of Brute Choppas

Units
2 x Grot Fanatics (60)
2 x Grot Fanatics (60)

Battalions
Ironfist (60)

Total: 1500/1500

I'm also experimenting with mixing Ironjawz with other Destruction factions. First off, you only have 2 Battleline units - at 1500 points, the minimum is 3. I don't think the Ardboys serve much of a purpose when you have 40 Grots on the table, since their main job is to provide bodies and screen the Brutes. I would consider swapping them out for something fast - for 180 points you can get 3 Gore-gruntas, and if you make some other changes to your list (you have to do that anyway for the sake of Battleline requirements) you may be able to squeeze in 10 Wolf Riders for 200 points. These have a 12" move, have 2 wounds each with a 4+ save if you give them shields, and can be given bows for harassment.

Edit: Maybe something like this?

Megaboss
Warchanter
Moonclan Shaman

5 Brutes
5 Brutes
5 Brutes
Ironfist

20 Gitmob Grots, bows
20 Gitmob Grots, bows
10 Wolf Riders, shields

20 Moonclan Grots, spears & shields
3 Fanatics

1490 points

I've thought about this and the only thing holding me off is lack of new grot models. Here's to hoping the new Blood Bowl goblins will be fantasy enough for Gitmob conversions.

On that note I'd go Ranged Gitmob and Shaman. Just my preference but I think that their buffed up ranged attacks would work well with Ironjawz hard hitting punch.

Plus the shaman is a cheap mystic shield cast.

Your list looks interesting. I'll admit, I've considered mixing in some other Destruction battleline with my Ironjawz lists.

More to point: You'll need that third battleline. With all the Moonclan, you won't really need the block of 'Ardboys, and may want to swap them out for Goregruntas or something else that can snag you objectives. Depending on what you want, I would also consider swapping out one of the Megabosses for a Grot Shaman, so you have mortal wound generation and a mystic shield bot.

At 1000 points, I play:

1x Megaboss

3 Goregruntas

20 Goblins with Spears

20 Goblins with Bows

10 Ardboys with Big Choppas

10 Ardboys with 2 choppas

Ironfist

The Boys tie up the enemy in combat while the goblins go and get objectives.  The bow goblins are really relevant against horde armies as often they only cause 1 or 2 wounds but that's enough to pull my opponent below the 20 or 30 model benefit.

Think I'll go for somethig like this for 1000p Moon/Jaws/Gargant. Mabye not that competative, but it would look epic deployd.

Allegiance: Destruction

Grot Warboss (80)
- General
- Moon Prodder & Giant Cave Squig
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- Artefact: Battle Brew