Is this filthy?

Sadysaneto

Just had an idea.

Great moonclan + skarsnik+some fillers and magewrath throne.

Or gordrakk + great moon clan + skarsnik + throne.

Name shaman as general, sit it on throne and activate waboss and skarnik's (and gordrakks) commands + batallion buff.

Is it filthy?

I don't think anyone here can truly answer that for you.

"Filthy" is a topic that needs to be explored by you and your gaming group.  After all, of you ****** off your local players by using something they consider filth, they aren't going to suddenly feel better about it if you justify your lists by saying the Internet didn't find them filthy. There are groups out there that might consider a Kunning Ruk batallion to be super filth that they never want to see, while another group 10 miles up the road that wants to fight against them as much as possible to help hone their game.

A good rule of thumb to live by - how would you feel playing against either of those?  If you're in tune with your meta, that should give you a feel for how it will be perceived. 

9 minutes ago, Criti said:

I don't think anyone here can truly answer that for you.

"Filthy" is a topic that needs to be explored by you and your gaming group.  After all, of you ****** off your local players by using something they consider filth, they aren't going to suddenly feel better about it if you justify your lists by saying the Internet didn't find them filthy. There are groups out there that might consider a Kunning Ruk batallion to be super filth that they never want to see, while another group 10 miles up the road that wants to fight against them as much as possible to help hone their game.

A good rule of thumb to live by - how would you feel playing against either of those?  If you're in tune with your meta, that should give you a feel for how it will be perceived. 

It was a joke. My group is fine with shenanigas. We actually enjoy it :)

Several years back, Kenton Kilgore wrote a great essay on this topic, concluding there's no such thing as "cheesy." He was talking about WH40k circa 2000-2001, but the general concepts apply to any game really...

"I could go on and on literally all day, but I think you get my point. “Cheesiness” is just a totally subjective concept that really has no validity to the confident gamer. If you play against me, it’s okay with me (within the confines of the rules) if you bring whatever units you want, whatever characters you want, whatever wargear you want. You spend your points any way you want and I’ll spend them how I want. I might not beat you, but I hope I’ll give you a run for your money. "

The Throne is static and the reach to the heroes isn't particularly far is it? You'd have to rely on the enemy coming to you, which they might not be willing to do (depending on the scenario). It'd be ace for Take & Hold I guess!

11 minutes ago, Fungrim said:

The Throne is static and the reach to the heroes isn't particularly far is it? You'd have to rely on the enemy coming to you, which they might not be willing to do (depending on the scenario). It'd be ace for Take & Hold I guess!

If you add four war machines, like spear chukkas or rock throwers, they'd probably come for you eventually.

13 hours ago, Sadysaneto said:

It was a joke. My group is fine with shenanigas. We actually enjoy it :)

I'm afraid the joke escaped me, then. 

The original post threw up a couple goofy things and asked if they were filthy.  No other content at all. 

So the whole thread was started as a joke?

I guess I'm missing something here...

14 hours ago, Sadysaneto said:

Just had an idea.

Great moonclan + skarsnik+some fillers and magewrath throne.

Or gordrakk + great moon clan + skarsnik + throne.

Name shaman as general, sit it on throne and activate waboss and skarnik's (and gordrakks) commands + batallion buff.

Is it filthy?

This doesn't work because you need the battalion to spread Gordrakk's buff and the battalion was broke by the most recent FAQ.  There are currently no battalions that work for Moonclan.

1 hour ago, Criti said:

I'm afraid the joke escaped me, then. 

The original post threw up a couple goofy things and asked if they were filthy.  No other content at all. 

So the whole thread was started as a joke?

I guess I'm missing something here...

You're not alone, I also don't see what the joke would be.

So @Sadysaneto, do you want to discuss potential uses for the Magewrath Throne in this thread, or is the whole thing some sort of strange prank? Because I think it is an interesting subject.

1 hour ago, Solaris said:

You're not alone, I also don't see what the joke would be.

So @Sadysaneto, do you want to discuss potential uses for the Magewrath Throne in this thread, or is the whole thing some sort of strange prank? Because I think it is an interesting subject.

I wanted to discuss its use, and made a joke about it being filthy.

Just that.

Well, gordrakk is off the equation, so is great moonclan.

Still can be fun, anyway.

And, like you said - lets discuss magewrath.

:)

Archived