Alternative Bloodsecrator - Options

RuneBrush

Hi All,

I'm looking at adding a second Bloodsecrator to my army at some point in the next couple of months and was looking for ideas for ways to something fairly unique.

I did think about converting the Chaos Space Marine from Dark Vengeance (the one with the mace), but after digging one out of a cupboard found that he's actually the same height as a Bloodreaver...  Even a Blood Warrior towers above him!  Another option is the plastic Chaos Lord.

I have seen a few conversions where people have used the Exalted Deathbringer with the regular totem but was wondering if anybody had come up with any other ideas.

I made mine using the priest from the warshrine as the base model and then the banner from the Minotaur kit.IMG_8386.JPG.2b047014a4e04c780761b44a94d2687e.JPGIMG_8387.JPG.374197eb8f378116ba01ad5edc757ee1.JPG

Although my Bloodbound are quite stylised away from the the GW bloodbound look, when i was thinking of building them out of the box originally i toyed with the idea of making a banner from the Ghorgon horns to have a more similar theme to the starter set bloodsecrator banner. (the ones in the bottom right.

download.jpg.5fae46b431abd4491cb364a44d9b41de.jpg

I went with the plastic chaos lord and it works well. Replaced the spear with some brass rod, mounted the starter kit khorne rune good and high, along with the chaos warrior banner hanging below. Removed his horns to make him look less like the guy in charge. Nice thing about using the chaos lord is that he definitely looks like he has a 3+ save.

If you've not used one of them already, the Exalted Deathbringer models could do nicely with relatively minimal conversion. The axe-wielder has planted his axe shaft on the ground, which would be pretty suitable for a banner-pole. The spear-wielder is in a bit of an action pose but it could work well, like he's waving the totem around, exhorting the horde to a frenzy. This might benefit a pennant or hanging cloth style banner rather than a bit metal rune. Add some hanging chains and you could get a real sense of movement.

Have you considered the dude from the chaos chariot? He's holding the shaft of his flail/great weapon at an angle, so there's definitely a risk of him tipping over but depending on the style of the skull portal it could look pretty cool, a bit like the spear deathbringer.

2 hours ago, Taketheskull said:

I'm waiting for the incoming book before I do a second Bloodsecrator - they might get Vexillored!

I'm really intrigued with what the book is going to do - fully expect both Slaughterpriests to be brought in line with each other on the unbinding front.  I'd not have a massive issue if the Bloodsecrator couldn't stack, providing he's still got a 18" bubble.  I find that he's normally one of the first models targeted with any shooting attacks, so a second one provides a little bit of backup and extended area of effect :)  That said we might get some really nice alternatives...

On 21. mar. 2017 at 6:00 PM, Kaleb Daark said:

I made the banner do the talking from a chaos warrior.

How about something suitably monstrous like a rat ogre body or a Minotaur body head swapped entity?

file-30.jpg

Incredible work. Well done :)

Archived