Black ork warboss and more are now Ironjaws

KHHaunts

7 minutes ago, KHHaunts said:

Perhaps im really late to the party but.

When exactly did the likes of Grimgor and the Black Oruuk warbos gain the Ironjaws keyword?

A while ago bud, but as they're compendium you don't tend to see them around much.

There's some nifty bits & pieces you can do with them and the Ardboyz, but to be honest, points are better spent on other Ironjawz heroes

3 hours ago, KHHaunts said:

Perhaps im really late to the party but.

When exactly did the likes of Grimgor and the Black Oruuk warbos gain the Ironjaws keyword?

Haha a little late, but we could call it fashionably late if you like! ;) 

Those warscrolls always had the Ironjaws keyword, but crucially were updated a while back to have the Ironjawz keyword.

I have had some measure of success with the Black Orc Warboss (or Ardnob as I like to call him). He's a decent fighter, with access to Rend 2 which is kinda nice. Still, nowadays I think the points are better spent elsewhere. If his command ability had a longer range he'd be worth a punt I reckon.

As for Grimgor, I've not used him. I think perhaps @Sangfroid has though?

Conceptually I like of the idea of us having long term access to an Ardboys hero so I hope it sticks.  The Grimgor, Borgut and Black Orc Big Boss models are all nice models that could be used as an Ardboys Boss or whatever.  It's also convenient that they represent 3 different weapon load outs.

Too bad that none of them are sold anymore for new players.

I'm still eagerly awaiting Grimgor's return. To 'eadbutt this upstart Gordrakk git and show the Mortal Realms who the real Boss of Bosses is.

Grimgor has kicked Archaon's butt twice. Once he 'eadbutted him so hard that GW had to reset the whole timeline. 

The Ironhide will return.

Archived