Filling in the gaps

Toddy

So I've put together an Ophidian Gate, but despite a few attempts, some bits of the pillars look abit like this:1490033652717-1605332971.jpg.f726d0603584bb1605c6aa270e584d80.jpg: What's the best way to fill these gaps? Liquid green stuff seems the best answer (?) But in the quantities needed would be quite expensive. 

That's quite a sizeable gap!  Liquid green stuff is brilliant for smaller gaps but the shrinkage just makes it difficult for anything that large (plus it would take you months to fill it in).

My own suggestion would be a cheapish epoxy putty - Milliput or MagicSculp are both ones I've used.  Unlike regular Green Stuff, they dry hard and you can sand/cut them.  Use a clay shaping tool to work them into the gap as smooth as you can, then once dry scrape & sand them flat.

I have heard some people use "Squadron Modellers Putty Green", this has a toothpaste consistency and is air-hardening (like liquid green stuff), but with the gap in your model you might prefer something less liquid.

Archived