Chaos Chosen Opinion

Galas

Hi all!

So, I was here toying with the idea of buying a Valkia the Bloody and two boxes of Sister of Silence to convert and make a unit of 10 Chaos Lady Chosens to be his bodyguards. But actually I have no chosen in my little Chaos army, nor I face them never in tabletop. Reading their Warscrol they seem okaish to me. 

I expected a save of 3+ or even 3 wounds because normal chaos warriors have actually 2 wounds and 4+ save too, and his bravery seem a little low to a unit of... Chaos Chosen.

Are they any good? Maybe I'm better using other Warscroll? 

For their price they should definitely be comparable to decimatiors.

Maybe they are, not done the math but I doubt it or we would be using them.

Only really viable with Khorne tbh, more attacks and increased to wound from the juggerLord and Bloodstoker with the extra attacks will really be brutal.

Nurgle doesn't benefit them too much outside of glottkin but that's replicable on a much cheaper option via khorne, rerolling fail wounds isn't great as a 3+ isn't too hard, and + to a dice roll is better than reroll.

Slaanesh maybe good from double combat an run an charge etc. 

Tzeentch, wasted tbh. Take skyfires or enlightened 

Khorne synergies best as you aren't having to build an army around them which is what make khorne so much better , the things you take benefit everything independently. 

You are correct. Skullreapers are better how I envision a unit of elite khorne followers!

So, now. The weapons options.

What did you think its better, the +1 to hit, or the posibility of mortal wounds? To me the mortal wound output seems a little unreliable, at least, with no buffs, and it can even backfire.

46 minutes ago, Galas said:

You are correct. Skullreapers are better how I envision a unit of elite khorne followers!

So, now. The weapons options.

What did you think its better, the +1 to hit, or the posibility of mortal wounds? To me the mortal wound output seems a little unreliable, at least, with no buffs, and it can even backfire.

I'm running Skulltake as my khorne army for some battles soon, the increased damage from the battalion and additional mortal wound from Daemonic weapons is really good, so you do 2 damage and an addtional mortal wound. Turning a 1 damage weapon into 3 damage essentially 

They are very dependent on what your using alongside them. They only need to slay a single model to allow other slave to darkness units to re roll all failed wound rolls which can be hugely beneficial.

They also have a chance on a 6 to wound* (got that mixed up) to do mortal wounds as well. 

I can work with Sisters in 40mm bases! I just need to add corpses and dynamism!

Yeah, slaaneshy sisters of silence as chaos warriors sounds great. But I don't have a Slaanesh army :P 

Ok Arkiham! I will trust you. Daemon blades all the way. I can use the dozens of spare swords that I have from bloodletters! 

I am building 10 for my slaanesh force. 

Daemonic power and pile in and attack twice with slaanesh lords ability is great - especially in the turn after my unit of knights has just done the same in the previous turn.

a little expensive though

I've run Chosen in a Khorne list, buffing them with the Juggerlords command ability and the bloodstokers reroll 1's on wounds.  This can really help in dishing out the mortal wounds but they still just fall short in every area.  In a Khorne army at least I feel like they just serve no real function for their price given the other options.

Bloodletters do mortal wounds and rend for a lot cheaper.  Chaos Warriors are a Mortal option that while lacking mortal wound damage do offer -1 rend on two-handed weapons at half the cost for the same save and same wound count.  Skullcrushers are another Mortal option that do mortal wounds on the charge and have a rend option and are harder to kill for the same cost as chosen.

I really like those SoS models, and that would be a hell of a project. I bet they'd look really spiffy if done well. As far as their board performance, you're right Chosen are a little underwhelming and could stand to have a few tweaks.. though under the right circumstances they do make a difference in battles. Really, giving them hero buffs will make the largest impact obviously the Warshrine, Bloodstoker and Bloodsecrator but most notably the Juggerlord and though hard to pull off, the Skullgrinder. As much as I liked the Chosen in days past and how much I like the models, I'd sooner field Skullreapers over them given their cost to efficacy by themselves.

Archived