2000 point balanced list.

Jome

Hey all.  I've not had much of a chance to play, but I've been coming up with list ideas, and thought I would get some of your opinions on how it's looking over all. This is my current list I'm building towards, so Any glaring concerns or weaknesses any of you can see and point out would be appriciated. 

IMG_0301.PNG

IMG_0302.PNG

IMG_0303.PNG

I'm going to participate in an escalation, and the two armies I've gotten are the bloodbound and Stormcast, both from the starter set.  I actually like both armies, so I'll probably be working with both.  We are starting at 500 points, but I wanted to think ahead to an end goal of where I wanted this army to go.  I've read on here that Bloodbound is a harder army to use, and it's power level maybe lower than a lot of the other armies out there.  I hope thats not the case, but we'll see. At any rate I think the models look great :)

So after I've posted this list, I managed to get a few low point games in against the SCE, about 6 games i think it was.  We played at 640 points because that is what the bloodbound half of the starter box is, which basically meant he lost the Prosecutors and the relictor, while gaining two more retributors.  What I've learnt so far is bloodbound can't handle armour.  I don't know why retributors get 2 star maces for every 5, and bloodwarriors can only get 1 glaive with 10 models, which they don't have.  Even the liberators get a special hammer at 5 models, which is the unit I think they compare to the most.  So far I've only manage to kill the dracoth rider once, and that was a luck roll from the lord's axe ability.  I really like the Dracoth rider, and will be including it in my SCE army.  But my question to you all is:  how do you handle armour saves of 3-4+?

17 hours ago, Jome said:

So after I've posted this list, I managed to get a few low point games in against the SCE, about 6 games i think it was.  We played at 640 points because that is what the bloodbound half of the starter box is, which basically meant he lost the Prosecutors and the relictor, while gaining two more retributors.  What I've learnt so far is bloodbound can't handle armour.  I don't know why retributors get 2 star maces for every 5, and bloodwarriors can only get 1 glaive with 10 models, which they don't have.  Even the liberators get a special hammer at 5 models, which is the unit I think they compare to the most.  So far I've only manage to kill the dracoth rider once, and that was a luck roll from the lord's axe ability.  I really like the Dracoth rider, and will be including it in my SCE army.  But my question to you all is:  how do you handle armour saves of 3-4+?

Applying the old rule of "the more dice you roll, the more damage you'll cause".  The starter set does have a pretty major lack of rend - in fact the whole army suffers a bit on that front overall.  What the starter Bloodbound does have though is the ability to massively stack up on attacks.  The Bloodsecrator will bump everything up by +1, you can then factor in the Battalion and for the Bloodreavers the totem bonus.  The Khorgorath is a fantastic unit against liberators, able to rip chunks out of them and last a decent length of time (just keep him away from mortal wounds).

I think you were at a bit of a disadvantage too, your opponent bumping up to a unit of 5 Retributors is a huge damage output increase.  Also Stormcast can be made to suffer if they have to take battleshock tests as their bravery is pretty low.

But to go back to the original question - lots of attacks against a single unit at a time :) 

Ok. So to update on how things have been going.  I've lost against this stormcast list several times now.  We've decided not to change the stormcast list until we improve the bloodbound list ( kinda a back and forth way to build up each faction to where we would like it to be).  The last game we played I mananged a win!  I changed a lot in the list, and played them totally differently than what I've read most do.  I matched the two armies unit for unit, and ignored the unit buffing characteristics of the bloodbound.  Odd right.  So I matched his two units of 5 liberators with two units of 5 bloodwarriors.  I then matched his one unit of 5 retributors with one unit of 5 skullreapers.  And finally,  I matched his 220 point Celestant on dracoth with a 280 point Bloodthirster of insensate rage!  With the new book coming, adding a bloodthirster seems to be within the faction now.

The one Bloodbound unit that got left out, and I'm not sure how I feel about them, is the blood reavers.  Not sure if they just don't fit my playstyle, but this unit just seems to struggle to cause wounds and die fast.  Definitely a unit almost too reliant on character support and buffs. 

Archived