Behold the Kharadron Overlords!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always like to reserve my opinion until I can digest a book. If we are just "talking", 6 Endrinmasters in an Ironclad could heal 6d3 wounds in each hero phase and they are no slouches in combat either. This is just talk we dont know point values and what not dont jump all over me lol

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

I keep marvelling at the light skyhooks. 9 of those in a unit of 30, with the plus 1 attack buff off the chemist, shooting at a hero or monster, just crazy. Think its 18 shots, 3+ hit 3+ wound, -2 rend and d3 wounds. That's before we know about any other buffs from the code, other abilities etc. That looks like a great start to me. 

I'll be in my local GW at 10am Sat to pre-order the book for sure. Excitement rebuilt. 

Watching the stream now. Trying not to drool too much.

Interesting thought: Aether-Khemist uses +1 attack ability in Hero phase on Endrinmaster. Endrinmaster then uses boost ability in combat phase to give 3 damage to melee attacks (dice roll permitting). Gives you 4 3+/3+/-1 3 damage attacks in combat. Nothing to sneeze at, that.

Re: Arkonaut company, I'm thinking a 2:1 ratio of skypike to light skyhook/volley gun. They already have a decent punch at range & that extra attack, tend, and damage of a skypike could help make a difference in combat. (See also: Aether-Khemist support role, above.)

Edit: I see I was ninja'd somewhat by yarrickson on my last point. Admittedly, it does seem to be a great combo at face value.

3 hours ago, Trebuchenanigans said:

Re: Arkonaut company, I'm thinking a 2:1 ratio of skypike to light skyhook/volley gun. They already have a decent punch at range & that extra attack, tend, and damage of a skypike could help make a difference in combat. (See also: Aether-Khemist support role, above.)

Edit: I see I was ninja'd somewhat by yarrickson on my last point. Admittedly, it does seem to be a great combo at face value.

I think it's the opposite, actually. Keep the squads specialized in my oppinion, with one squad launching hooks from afar to deal damage, the volley gun squad pumping out shots with 18 attacks along with the pistols, and maybe one squad with pikes to charge in and try to kill the big monster or wound some warriors or something, maybe into a squad that was weakened before by a frigate or iron clad.

Edit 2: I also noticed that the Arkanaughts add 1 to all hit rolls when targeting heros or monsters, so now they are really good for assassinations and monster hunting. Makes me really wanna have the harpoons even more to go hunting!

I'm thinking of getting 10 thunderers at least, and hopefully able to give them all cannons or something to really destroy some stuff! That or the normal gun... nothing like a huge amount of dakka to get you through the day!

also with all the bloody 4+ attacks I can see why the dwarfs in the white dwarf had a lot of bad rolls :|

Cheers man, if you want me to whip up a scheme you can always DM me and I can have a go. These are all very lazy 'shops, I am not a professional by any stretch of the imagination, I just dabble with it for personal use but colour swapping is fairly simple (never got the hang of metallics though). The Frigate being so big and with lots of flat colours makes it fairly easy.

There's some really nice 360 shots of the ships in the new video Warhammer TV posted a short while ago. Turns out they've been hiding the fella hanging off the other side of the big un all this time. Or maybe I just didn't notice him til now. 8a9450dda22c015c6e4e5c8a7edf993f.jpg

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I was thinking of going for a dirty silver, with some bronze segments, basically inverting the endrin colour scheme, and then a warm/ruddy gold for the beards and insignia.

I get the feeling from the more armoured troupes that limiting to one metal would be a stupid choice.

For the purple I am thinking... Naggaroth, Duruchii... and then a blue? I don't want that Emporer's children look, more dark indigo as opposed to purple. Highlight will probably be Daemonette hide or Genestealer Purple. Any thoughts on that process?

Painting schemes is always my hardest step of the whole process, so I am not the best to offer advice.  However, I often use the Citadel Paint Chart to help me decide on a color and a process - attached (I think).  It may prove helpful!

However, if you are going for a dark indigo, then maybe Naggaroth, Duruchii, and then Macgragge Blue?

GW painting chart.jpg

3 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

A quick fiddle in Photoshop has lead me to thinking this will be my colour scheme. I really like the Royal Colours that they initial launch had but wanted a darker look, so a warmer yellow but colder purple than burgundy, with red windows instead of blue. Thoughts?

17918584_10158470968995697_398212835_n.png?oh=fd39520fdbe9dd1d7e94173ecf2d8b17&oe=58F309EF

Very Pittsburgh Steelers-ish. I may do something quite similar.  Port Baraksburgh, located at the confluence of three aetherstreams.

Just watched the Vettock video a second time. Couldn't help myself.

Colour-wise, I want to riff off of the Barak Zon scheme a bit, but with a slight purple tinge in the red & dark blue colours. Maybe a purple wash over both?

I also want to dial the gold & brass back a bit. Go with more iron & steel. The Black Iron Charter keeps popping up in my head as a good name. Maybe a, uh, corsair fleet from Zon, or maybe a more independent company? I figure these guys are a bit more pragmatic, and decide they'd rather spend their gold back home on other luxuries rather than bling up their armour (the ships being an exception, of course).

Those illustrations with the Purple, gold and green are so awesome and are really calling to me too. The only downside is that's how I've painted my Necrons...but maybe it doesn't matter? I guess I'd like to branch out and try new things haha.

Archived