Behold the Kharadron Overlords!

9 hours ago, Thomas Lyons said:

Nah you're looking at: 

• Arkonaut Company: $45-50
  • Battletome: $40
  • Cards: $15
  • Frigate: $85
  • Admiral: $25

Those prices are taking the equivalent conversions from the two most recent releases (DOT & SCE).

The following are the USD prices, confirmed from a distributor:

• Arkanaut Admiral $25
  • Arkanaught Frigate $80
  • Arkanaught Company $45
  • Battletome Kahadron Overlords $40
  • Warscroll Kahadron overlords $15 

I was 4 for 5.  I'll take it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, mhsellwood said:

Interestingly the picture accompanying that post shows an Aetheric Navigator and a Aether Khemyst, which are not on the list. I wonder whether the Frigate may come with characters as well as the ship itself?

In terms of length of releases I am thinking a total of three weeks. Week one above, then two weeks with the release divided up into Gunhauler / Thunderers / characters and Ironclad / Balloon cav / Brokk Grunsson. In the past all releases have been out by the time the battletome has been released, but for Disciples of Tzeentch and Stormcast that has not been true.

The picture is just one that War of Sigmar used on their blog, nothing to do with the weeks release specifically. The Navigator and Khemyst will come separately in a later week. 

41 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

When do rule leaks usually happen? Week before physical release? Dying for more! Theres been hardly any actually give aways except bombs, relic for the ironclad, navigator and some parts of the code.

People tend to get early release copies for review on the pre-order date, so basically anything from then on is the normal trend.  That said we have had some releases with zero leaks

2 hours ago, Still-young said:

The picture is just one that War of Sigmar used on their blog, nothing to do with the weeks release specifically. The Navigator and Khemyst will come separately in a later week. 

I honestly think the navigator might be included in the larger ships like how the Fyreslayers had their character.

13 minutes ago, April said:

I honestly think the navigator might be included in the larger ships like how the Fyreslayers had their character.

It does look like he's sitting on the top balloon on the biggest ship. Hard to tell if it's the same model, but it does look very similar to me. 

In preparation for their arrival, I have tried to do some research on the Duardin language so I can work on ship runes.  I did find the Wiki with runes and many of the words, but does anyone know if the font is still around somewhere?  That might make it easier to type some names and see the rune translations etc. 

30 minutes ago, FractalRain said:

In preparation for their arrival, I have tried to do some research on the Duardin language so I can work on ship runes.  I did find the Wiki with runes and many of the words, but does anyone know if the font is still around somewhere?  That might make it easier to type some names and see the rune translations etc. 

I just spent 15 minutes copying them by hand. They really are not too complicated, but I understand the need for decals and stuff. I plan on using a white paint pen myself to give it a more "human" touch to it.

my only problem is if I include the word "The" in the title or if I should include it, and where I am going to write a long string of runes.

8 hours ago, nine7six said:

Yeah I wish they just released the book and cards first so we can evaluate before making purchase decisions!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its not everything, but the warscrolls are usually made available for units when they are put on preorder... roll on 10am Saturday NZ time!

This is really getting hard to wait for.... I want the wartome! this is the first AoS wartome I'm going to be getting too. I'm actually as excited for this as my Skitarii and admech armes!

good news is I thought up a cool armies on parade entry for next year or something. Something like a group of Arkanaughts with their frigates at anchor and fighting off a horde of skeletons that they swooped in on, kinda like a last stand sort of thing, maybe with smoke coming out of the frigate's engines and the engineer is despretly trying to fix it.

bad new is that I would have to paint 80 skeletons before next october and a bunch of Kharadon overlords.

2 minutes ago, Acid_Nine said:

Welllll I was listening to the Warhammer TV thing and they mentioned prosecutors can be taken in a formation for the Overlords, so I hope you have some money left over! :D

Very interesting but I'll take it with a pinch of Salt as Rob often gets excited and muddles his words up for unit names! Would be very cool and make an interesting choice when it comes to deciding army allegiance as well!

Archived