Behold the Kharadron Overlords!

18 hours ago, yarrickson said:

On a base note (or should that be bass note), I notice from some pics from WW that contrary to my expectation the Endrinriggers are on really small bases same as the Arkanaut Co. Just a heads up in case anyone else, like me, was preparing bases in advance. 

(Pic from WhatsApp)

IMG-20170401-WA0019.jpg

Is it me or are those faces, not helmets?? 

Those are textured bases ? 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, April said:

Is it me or are those faces, not helmets?? 

Those are textured bases ? 

Its you I'm afraid :D those are just helmets still. 

The bases are the Shattered Dominion plastic bases by GW with added dirt and grass. Very effective. 

42 minutes ago, yarrickson said:

Its you I'm afraid :D those are just helmets still. 

The bases are the Shattered Dominion plastic bases by GW with added dirt and grass. Very effective. 

I'll have to get myself a set of those. Cheers.

3 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

They just linked back to the original post from March instead of making a new one so that hasn't go any new info on it, but suffice to say the Facebook video confirms they are up for preorder on the 15th of April.

They tricked me!!! Guess i should have doubke checked the link lol.

Thats why you should have written accent as in Spanish. That way you know how to pronounce a word just by reading it one time! :P 

Its KHAradron? KhaRAdron? KharaDRON?  I prefer Kharadrón (KharaDRON) the most.

I am so torn. I catched a huge interest in these guys as I first heard of the Kharadron Overlords. Have saved up about 420£/500€. But then I started to see teasers for what seems to be new Aelfs. And the only thing I like more than Dwarfs are Elves. If I spend all my money and a month later they release a Aelf army I would be devastated. But if they are like six months away I can save up some cash again. 

27 minutes ago, Amradiel said:

I am so torn. I catched a huge interest in these guys as I first heard of the Kharadron Overlords. Have saved up about 420£/500€. But then I started to see teasers for what seems to be new Aelfs. And the only thing I like more than Dwarfs are Elves. If I spend all my money and a month later they release a Aelf army I would be devastated. But if they are like six months away I can save up some cash again. 

Who knows when Aelves might be released? All we've seen thus far is some close-ups of models that may or may not comprise an Aelf release.

The Kharadron Overlords are here and now! Maybe spend most of what you've saved on them, but keep some in reserve for the potential Aelves down the road?

1 hour ago, Amradiel said:

With what looks like a 40k release after the K Overlords, you should have some time to save for the aelfs.

Then you can have pirate battles.

1 hour ago, Amradiel said:

Yeah I don't get the impression new Aelfs are that close- looks to be Death Guard after the Overlords and possibly the new edition of 40K after that. You could always just split your cash- put aside half or a third towards new Aelves later and spend the rest on Kharadrons now. 

I think I'm not going to splurge on them initially - buy the book and a couple of kits to get going and get more later. Sorting out the paint scheme and the basing are the main challenge [as well as what kits to buy if I'm just buying a few at the start as they all look so good!] 

2 minutes ago, silverstu said:

Yeah I don't get the impression new Aelfs are that close- looks to be Death Guard after the Overlords and possibly the new edition of 40K after that. You could always just split your cash- put aside half or a third towards new Aelves later and spend the rest on Kharadrons now. 

I think I'm not going to splurge on them initially - buy the book and a couple of kits to get going and get more later. Sorting out the paint scheme and the basing are the main challenge [as well as what kits to buy if I'm just buying a few at the start as they all look so good!] 

This is probably how I will start too. The book and a couple of boxes. Because they seem to be a real hassle to paint with all the details. I don't want to spend it all and then get tired of them.

Prices apparently from Mongoose Matt on Dakka-

For next week: 

Battletome: Kharadron Overlords £25 
Warscrolls: Kharadron Overlords £10 
Kharadron Overlords: Arkanaut Frigate £50 
Kharadron Overlords: Arkanaut Company £27.50 
Kharadron Overlords: Arkanaut Admiral £15 

No price on the big ship yet, but £80 was 'suggested'. 

A wee bit more expensive than I was hoping for but not too bad- the Frigate is a bit of a shock, but its a pretty big model.. be getting these through DarkSphere I think..

Was really hoping these guys would be a week earlier. Away out of the country for work the weekend after. So assuming it's pre-order this week, released the following, I'll be stuck in the office knowing they're sitting at home waiting for me. Just have to hope the missus doesn't decide to play with them before I get home, otherwise I might return to find a pink airship waiting for me. 

Which one was the admiral? Is that the baloon monopoly fella, or the fella with the massive hammer?

Those prices sound about right judging on the size of the models.  £50 is the same as a Slaughterbrute and £70/£80 is the Bloodthirster/Skarbrand price point.  GW were doing prices based on box size and sprue quantity.  I'm guessing £30/£35 for the Gunhauler :)

3 minutes ago, spidero said:

Was really hoping these guys would be a week earlier. Away out of the country for work the weekend after. So assuming it's pre-order this week, released the following, I'll be stuck in the office knowing they're sitting at home waiting for me. Just have to hope the missus doesn't decide to play with them before I get home, otherwise I might return to find a pink airship waiting for me. 

According to the Twitch stream it's pre-order this week and release on the 22nd.  I'm guessing with it being Easter we're going to see any freebies with the Battletome sell out in under 5 minutes...

22 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Those prices sound about right judging on the size of the models.  £50 is the same as a Slaughterbrute and £70/£80 is the Bloodthirster/Skarbrand price point.  GW were doing prices based on box size and sprue quantity.  I'm guessing £30/£35 for the Gunhauler :)

According to the Twitch stream it's pre-order this week and release on the 22nd.  I'm guessing with it being Easter we're going to see any freebies with the Battletome sell out in under 5 minutes...

Yeah I'm expecting the Gunhauler to be about that. If you order online from GW to you get it before/on the day of release or the following week [in the uk]?

29 minutes ago, spidero said:

Which one was the admiral? Is that the baloon monopoly fella, or the fella with the massive hammer?

The Admiral was the one leaning on his big hammer. I'm looking forward to getting the Endrinmaster [the guy with the harness holding his hammer].

Archived