Behold the Kharadron Overlords!

20 minutes ago, DynamicCalories said:

You've read it wrong i'm afraid, he said "I just had to include an ironclad..." which is him exaggerating his desire to include an ironclad, where the emphasis in the sentance would be "i just had to include an ironclad..."

I suposed that...but I thought it could be a nice form to present a crew. With a ship as a mandatory center piece instead of 2 battlelines. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've no doubt there will be battalions and allegiances that allow the fielding of ships as battleline but they'd not want to set the precedent of a £70ish Ironclad being the core of an army instead of a handful of cheap troops - it prevents accessibility.  You can see the effect high priced battlelines have had on Fyreslayers, for example.

2 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

I've no doubt there will be battalions and allegiances that allow the fielding of ships as battleline but they'd not want to set the precedent of a £70ish Ironclad being the core of an army instead of a handful of cheap troops - it prevents accessibility.  You can see the effect high priced battlelines have had on Fyreslayers, for example.

Maybe they decide to low the prices ???

I honestly can't decide what to get after the crew. I'm teetering between a gunhauler or a frigate, and both are speaking to me. 

so far the idea is 2 ark companies, 1 frigate and 1 admiral to start off with, depending on what the final prices will be.

I saved 1,000USD over the last 10 months for just this specific time :$

I am thinking I would start with 1 ironclad, 2 frigates, 2 gunhaulers, 4 balloon men, 3 arkonaut, 2 grundstock thunderers, and all the heroes.

If I am lucky though, I will be able to keep up the discipline that got me here and only pre-order one of everything. Then fill out the rest of the force based on reading the rules and doing what makes sense.

3 minutes ago, Volund said:

I saved 1,000USD over the last 10 months for just this specific time :$

I am thinking I would start with 1 ironclad, 2 frigates, 2 gunhaulers, 4 balloon men, 3 arkonaut, 2 grundstock thunderers, and all the heroes.

If I am lucky though, I will be able to keep up the discipline that got me here and only pre-order one of everything. Then fill out the rest of the force based on reading the rules and doing what makes sense.

my only saving grace right now is that the company i'm selling my lizardmen too will let me ship it and give me 200$ to work with, probably a week after preorder so I can see what will be the best units. I almost cannot wait for these releases, and for the first time I am cursing GW for releasing 40k stuff instead!

but yea, everything looks fun right around now.

3 minutes ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Mine are all locked away in storage boxes.. every night i can hear them crying out to me saying "please master, let us out, we promise to be a good race again, pleaseee its so dark in here.." :( so i end up putting in head phones to block them out til next edition ;)

Are you happy now? You made me cry :( 

9 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

Mine are all locked away in storage boxes.. every night i can hear them crying out to me saying "please master, let us out, we promise to be a good race again, pleaseee its so dark in here.." :( so i end up putting in head phones to block them out til next edition ;)

Oi You Git! Whyz dey not outa da box and on da table?!  Trow everyfin out dere and start an Apocolyptic WAAAAAAAGH!!! Show dem stupid humies who da best is ya yella bellied git!

1 hour ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

I did but dese umies look like pansies and dere skatta lazerz murderer all da ladz.. so in the box they shall remember in slumber, like groudon..

Dam the Scatterlazerz, Full speed ahead boyz! WAAAAAGH!!!!!

yea as a fellow ork player I feel ya. 40k is messed up a lot right now, so I gotta keep them in the naughty box until they rise up again!

on topic again, I just realize that unlike the dwarfs of old, we won't march to war in rank and files. No longer will our enemies see us coming 12 miles away, now we can do things like strafing and bombing runs as the orcs stare up at us with angry eyes. 

Gosh how awesome would it be to see full scale warfare with these guys, with an even bigger armada than what we could field on the table top. hundreds of ships descending on a greenskin horde, cannons blazing and bombs dropping while dropping thunderers and Companies off to provide covering fire while helping to funnel the enemy towards them, Enginriggers swooping down to execute shamans and chieftains with ease.

I am really hyped for these guys!

4 hours ago, Dez said:

I'm guessing we will have upgrades/abilities to make the ships faster and slower. I'm mulling around the idea of multiple Gunhaulers flanking and concentrating fire at a really fast clip.

I think if you want slower ships you just move below the max movement, like 5 inches instead of 10 =P and yes the gunhaulers flying around and dropping bombs over everything seems like a fun idea!

On 05/04/2017 at 2:01 PM, Captain Marius said:

The battleforces were TOO GOOD value, they sold out immediately! I wouldve grabbed the Stormcast and Ironjaws ones for sure. Only the Khorne one remains, as it had the exact same stuff as the previous year (albeit with an extra hero and for 25 quid less!!)

I know a place that still has them in store :D Athena Games in Norwich. @Jamie Grinstead is the man to speak to if you want to buy one.

On 4/6/2017 at 1:32 PM, Galas said:

And make his bases as if it was the sea bottom; sand, algae and shells, with Kharadrons "jumping" as in low gravity. If the new Cthulu dark Elves bring sea monsters one friend of mine its actually thinking of starting and army with those, so I'm sure we are gonna have some nice subacuatic battles :D 

I heartily endorse this idea!

On a base note (or should that be bass note), I notice from some pics from WW that contrary to my expectation the Endrinriggers are on really small bases same as the Arkanaut Co. Just a heads up in case anyone else, like me, was preparing bases in advance. 

(Pic from WhatsApp)

IMG-20170401-WA0019.jpg

Archived