Behold the Kharadron Overlords!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

It looks like shadow war is out on the 8th. And im guessing the khorne book is out the week after so our bearded overlords wont be out until the 3rd week of April! :(

Don't despair! It's more time to gather Aether-Gold.

8 hours ago, Ekrund Oath Splitters said:

It looks like shadow war is out on the 8th. And im guessing the khorne book is out the week after so our bearded overlords wont be out until the 3rd week of April! :(

I don't think they would announce another army people have been dying for the week before a new release.  Rather the week after once all the people who would have saved their money had spent it on our bearded overlords. 

32 minutes ago, crazyhorse1321 said:

It was also confirmed that because of this the middle size air ship has the largest warscroll ever in AoS. 

Don't you mean the Ironclad? That looks like it has troop capability.

Just confirmed on the stream.  Ironclad and frigate are both transports.  Ironclad has the largest warscroll in AoS (they had to drop the font size to fit it all onto one page).

Transports have a basic capacity, but can be overburdened which reduces the movement.

Skyriggers clamp onto the side of the airship and don't count towards the capacity.

Ironclad is on an Imperial Knight base and overhangs it - so it is seriously massive!

I'm just curious and not trying to put a negative spin on things :

Do the majority of people who loved them when revealed still love them?

Because I still think they look awful. I'm happy for the aesthetic to change and for the factions to be taken in new directions. I just feel the models are awkward, over designed and goofy.

Again, I'm not trying to get people down. I'm happy to not like a faction that the majority of people like. I'm just curious to see if the initial we enthusiasm was genuine or as a result of a desperately waited for new dwarfy release.

I guess I'd like to know how weird I am :)

1 minute ago, ZealousJ said:

Because I still think they look awful. I'm happy for the aesthetic to change and for the factions to be taken in new directions. I just feel the models are awkward, over designed and goofy.

Again, I'm not trying to get people down. I'm happy to not like a faction that the majority of people like. I'm just curious to see if the initial we enthusiasm was genuine or as a result of a desperately waited for new dwarfy release.

I guess I'd like to know how weird I am :)

I love them more with each passing day.  I cant wait for them!

4 minutes ago, ZealousJ said:

I've not really changed much - I still like them and looking forward to seeing how they work.  I'm a dwarf and steampunk fan (before it was trendy) and quite like the madcap amalgamation that GW have produced, I fully expect to paint up with a small force at some point.

I do think that they fall into the "marmite" category for army style though ;)

Next Stream reveal.  New Battletome is very comprehensive, it's got a painting and modelling guide and a tactics guide too.

Each unit is airborne, so all units on foot come in an airship of somekind (sorry, I didn't what airships go with each unit).

This actually means we might see units packaged with the appropriate airship - which explains why the airships don't appear to come out of the same set of parts.

Kharadron Overlords pick a city they come from and receive rules from "the code" based on that choice.

They're also slightly larger than previous Duardin.

Interesting.

I am wondering if perhaps it's the pictures that aren't doing them justice. It's not usually a failing of GW but a lot of Warmachine/Hordes miniatures look awful in the stock images but fantastic up close.

I'm really hoping that's the case with these as I love the idea of steam punk dwarves.

I'll wait and see what all of your paint jobs look like before committing to an opinion.

Don't let me down :P

Archived