Question Over How Deploying Warscroll Battalions Work

Wesley

Question

Hello,

I was wondering when deploying; how deployment works for the units within a warscroll battalion.

I know you can deploy all of the units within the battalion as one deployment drop.

But can you split up the deployment of the units within the battalion?

For example if it had 10 units in battalion could I deploy 5 units individually then deploy the remaining 5 units as one drop?

Please let me know; thanks! 

9 answers to this question

On 14/03/2017 at 9:11 PM, BURF1 said:

You can do them all at once or one at  a time, no halfsies.

Halfises are allowed, kinda.

13 hours ago, Peatiest said:

Far as I remember it is as many units as you want in the first drop from the battalion, then the remainder have to be deployed one at a time.

The right answer is there are 3 setup options:

"When you are setting up, you can (1) set up all of the units in a warscroll battalion instead of setting up a single unit. Alternatively, you can (2) setup some of the units from a warsroll battalion, and setup any remaining units invididually later on, or you can (3) set up all of the units individually."

To answer you then:

On 13/03/2017 at 11:30 PM, Wesley said:

For example if it had 10 units in battalion could I deploy 5 units individually then deploy the remaining 5 units as one drop?

That way doesn't work but the other way round (5 at first together then 5 individually) works.

10 hours ago, Turragor said:

Halfises are allowed, kinda.

The right answer is there are 3 setup options:

"When you are setting up, you can (1) set up all of the units in a warscroll battalion instead of setting up a single unit. Alternatively, you can (2) setup some of the units from a warsroll battalion, and setup any remaining units invididually later on, or you can (3) set up all of the units individually."

To answer you then:

That way doesn't work but the other way round (5 at first together then 5 individually) works.

Where is that quote from? I thought I had read that before but the FAQ seems to say otherwise (only two choices are set them all up or set them up individually).

3 hours ago, Lysandestolpe said:

But does that mean it's universal or applicable to stormcast only?

2 hours ago, Peatiest said:

The exact same wording is also in the Tzeentch book.

It is the same in every tome I have tbh. Original Stormcast tome, beastclaws, Tzeentch, New Stormcast.

Make of that what ye will!

Archived