Duardin Miners

HunterB

I think I'm starting to see what you are saying. I'll have to read it all when little kids aren't bugging me every second [emoji4]

Oh, ditto... [emoji31]
Effectively, it doesn't matter for matched play whether the cart is an upgrade to an existing miner model or added to the unit, it's still a model in the unit for the purposes of how much the unit costs.

Hey, small duardin Q while this topic is here (not worth making a new topic). I play other armies but have a great old daemon slayer model. In the compendium he's downgraded to a dragon slayer .. but still nice stats... however...I can't find him in the GHB or the app... is he really .... GONE???? (And WHY?????? WHY??????)

5 minutes ago, BaldoBeardo said:

If you have the warscroll, it's still valid - but if that warscroll hasn't got a points value at all, it's not usable in 'official matched play'.
Um, sorry..?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Well if you are not GW.. not need to say sorry... If you are GW: sorry doesn't cut it :D

16 minutes ago, Aezeal said:

Hey, small duardin Q while this topic is here (not worth making a new topic). I play other armies but have a great old daemon slayer model. In the compendium he's downgraded to a dragon slayer .. but still nice stats... however...I can't find him in the GHB or the app... is he really .... GONE???? (And WHY?????? WHY??????)

Ignore BaldoBeardo! Dragon Slayers (like most of the older units you won't find matched play points for) got a shiny new name and updated warscroll when the Grand Alliance book featuring their faction came out, and are now called "Unforged":

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-duardin-unforged-en.pdf

Give one a Relic Blade and watch him go to town against Chaos! :D 

Ignore BaldoBeardo! Dragon Slayers (like most of the older units you won't find matched play points for) got a shiny new name and updated warscroll when the Grand Alliance book featuring their faction came out, and are now called "Unforged":
https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-duardin-unforged-en.pdf
Give one a Relic Blade and watch him go to town against Chaos! [emoji3] 

Of course, Daemon & Dragon Slayers are just plain cool and sound awesome.
Unforged sound like the Dwarf equivalent of "left the club by mutual agreement" with a side of "I irrefutably deny all these charges"... [emoji8]

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Give one a Relic Blade and watch him go to town against Chaos! :D 

Hey thanks, I see his animosity for monsters has changed to animosity against chaos. The model on that page is very nice too (I've got an older one, less dynamic pose (  dwarf-slayer-lord-9kfbd.jpg  ) one of those

On the topic of miners and carts...

Initially I thought it would be 10 miners + 1 cart.

The rules say the unit may have a cart unlike the other upgrades that state one model may be/can be.

but if you enter the unit into the Azyr builder in the app and add a cart it stays as a unit of 10 models so for matched play I would say it is 9 miners + 1 cart

OK next (debate?) question;

So last game I took 5 {Mortal} Wounds on my unit of 10* Miners, heck, so I killed 2 Miners, then put 3 Wounds on my 4 Wound Mining Cart.  After a crummy Battleshock roll, I let 1-2 more Miners flee.  Clever AND legal, right???  

As long as I allocate Wounds/Damage to the cart last, I reason that I can leave it with 1 Wound, right??  Then I don't have to necessarily Battleshock it away, if there's other models in the unit still, right???

*in tournaments I just do 9 Miners + the cart.  1 more Miner isn't worth wasting the T.O.'s/anyone else's time I figure.  Better safe than sorry & all.

On 4/1/2017 at 10:46 AM, Dotification said:

*in tournaments I just do 9 Miners + the cart.  1 more Miner isn't worth wasting the T.O.'s/anyone else's time I figure.  Better safe than sorry & all.

Best argument so far ;)

But for what it's worth. I personally do take the unit plus a cart because of the wording: 'A unit of miners (that's the unit of 10 or more models) can have one Mining Cart'. I do understand the argument mentioned by @BaldoBeardo but it's a legacy warscroll meant for open play as there was no matched play then. So we are applying rules from matched play to warscrolls not updated to said rules.

Whereas they did update (for example) the Longbeards warscroll to not having to grumble yourself. They did not update the compendium rules to matched play. Other examples are still there, screaming 'For the Lady', Sigvald the magnificent needing to see a mirror, etc. 

58e352ca9baa9_ScreenShot2017-04-04at10_00_04.png.7d02ec836a8fbe44245d4e78fff664eb.png

So the way I see it, the warscroll is meant for open play and in that case it feels completely logical to take the cart as an extra. In matched play i'm with @Dotification... just take the 9 miners and a cart if anyone feels it should be interpreted that way. But if they are bringing Sigvald they better bring a mirror as well ;) 

Archived