Events USA: Nashcon 2 Day Event in Nashville, TN June 3-4

David Griffin

Event Title: Nashcon 2 Day Event in Nashville, TN June 3-4
Event Author: David Griffin
Calendar: Events USA
Event Date: 06/03/2017 08:00 AM to 06/04/2017 06:00 PM

Nashcon Age of Sigmar Grand Tournament

This event will be held June 3rd and 4th at the Nashcon gaming convention right outside Nashville, TN. The is the first time Age of Sigmar has had a presence at Nashcon, and we're hoping to make it a great experience.

Event Info

2 day, 5 game event

2000pts General's Handbook Matched Play army composition and points

All tournament details can be found in the attached Player's Pack here: Nashcon Player's Pack v3.0.pdf

Scheme cards can be found here: Scheme Cards INDIVIDUAL.pdf

Venue:

Franklin Marriott Cool Springs
700 Cool Springs Blvd, Franklin, TN 37067, USA

The venue is about 20 minutes south of downtown Nashville. This is a perfect opportunity to hit up Broadway on Friday night and game the rest of the weekend, or just hang out and game to your hearts content! There are also plenty of places to eat and hang out within close proximity to the Venue.

Visit https://www.nashcon.org/ for group rates at the hotel.

TICKETS HERE

Tickets include access to any of additional games at Nashcon, a $10 meal voucher, and prize support.

The convention runs Friday June 2nd - Sunday June 4th. If you'd like to play other games on the Friday or Saturday night, there will be plenty of other game systems running events and open tables for whatever you'd like to do.

Contact Info

Feel free to contact me directly here on TGA, by email at dwgriff45@gmail.com, or on twitter @NashofSigmar. I'm happy to answer any questions you have.

Nashcon 2 Day Event in Nashville, TN June 3-4

Edited by David Griffin
New pack update. Added Scheme cards
  • Like 2

On 3/16/2017 at 1:27 PM, Lord Aquillor said:

You can only have one special model per unit?  So I can't have a Skalg, Musician and Banner Bearer in a Mournfang unit?  This seems illogical, can you explain your reasoning? Thank you. 

This house rule says you can have only one type of command model for each unit. So if a unit has multiple banners it can choose from, you may only include one, not both. It also prevents people making a whole unit of musicians. Hope that clears it up!

17 hours ago, David Griffin said:

This house rule says you can have only one type of command model for each unit. So if a unit has multiple banners it can choose from, you may only include one, not both. It also prevents people making a whole unit of musicians. Hope that clears it up!

I understand what you are attempting to do, however I am unclear on this specific example.  Can a unit of 4 mournfang Models (Beastclaw Raiders), with one Skalg, one Trumpeter, one banner and one regular dude be played?  The way this is written it would seem your answer would be no.  However, the rules on the Warscroll and FAQ clearly deem this unit legal.  Just want to clarify for this specific example as it is how mine are modeled. 

On 3/22/2017 at 8:16 AM, Lord Aquillor said:

I understand what you are attempting to do, however I am unclear on this specific example.  Can a unit of 4 mournfang Models (Beastclaw Raiders), with one Skalg, one Trumpeter, one banner and one regular dude be played?  The way this is written it would seem your answer would be no.  However, the rules on the Warscroll and FAQ clearly deem this unit legal.  Just want to clarify for this specific example as it is how mine are modeled. 

Yes. Every unit get its full compliment of command models, but you cannot duplicate the same type of command model in a unit. So 1 banner, one musician, one champion per unit. Does this clear it up? This particular house rule was taken directly from the Adepticon pack, but I can look at rewording it if it is confusing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, David Griffin said:

Yes. Every unit get its full compliment of command models, but you cannot duplicate the same type of command model in a unit. So 1 banner, one musician, one champion per unit. Does this clear it up? This particular house rule was taken directly from the Adepticon pack, but I can look at rewording it if it is confusing.

Awesome!  That is perfectly clear now.  I was just looking to clarify.  As worded, it seemed to me that you may only take one command model per unit period.  Thanks!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Eylander said:

Would using a Retributor's hammer for a Liberator's Grand Hammer be legal?

I'm hoping to make this one and don't want to get myself in a pickle with conversions.

Yep! A Retributor hammer is still a hammer, so it would be WYSIWYG. You'd only run into problems if you started counted swords as axes or something.

@David Griffin - thanks for the PM heads up about this.

I hope your event goes well, but after reading through the packet, I have decided not to attend.

I've played enough War Machine to know that I find a 2 list format tedious and just not fun.

I don't say this to cause any strife or issues.  I just know everyone always talks about "voting with your wallet" if tournaments have things they don't like.  I just wanted to voice that at least 1 person is opting not to attend based on the decisions in the pack.

I hope everyone who does attend has fun.  May your saves be filled with 6s and your Battleshocks be filled with 1s.

2 minutes ago, Criti said:

@David Griffin - thanks for the PM heads up about this.

I hope your event goes well, but after reading through the packet, I have decided not to attend.

I've played enough War Machine to know that I find a 2 list format tedious and just not fun.

I don't say this to cause any strife or issues.  I just know everyone always talks about "voting with your wallet" if tournaments have things they don't like.  I just wanted to voice that at least 1 person is opting not to attend based on the decisions in the pack.

I hope everyone who does attend has fun.  May your saves be filled with 6s and your Battleshocks be filled with 1s.

No worries. I certainly respect your opinion! Just for reference, the 2 lists could literally be as simple as swapping artifacts/traits/spells on heroes, if you're opposed to bringing a set of separate models. The format is meant to encourage flexibility while also limiting the power of some lists by providing players the opportunity to bring counters. 

Regardless, I appreciate your feedback. 

On 3/27/2017 at 0:26 PM, Lord Aquillor said:

Awesome!  That is perfectly clear now.  I was just looking to clarify.  As worded, it seemed to me that you may only take one command model per unit period.  Thanks!

I thought the same thing as I was reading through the comp yesterday; trying to figure out if I was going to dump my drummer for the banner or vice-versa! thanks for inquiring and getting it cleared up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blueisola said:

I thought the same thing as I was reading through the comp yesterday; trying to figure out if I was going to dump my drummer for the banner or vice-versa! thanks for inquiring and getting it cleared up.

Yeah, I made an adjustment to the pack here on TGA that should clear it up - apologies for the confusion. Look forward to seeing you there!

1 hour ago, chord said:

What is cohesive?  For example my stormcast army is 90% gold/blue, but the newer members of the stormhost wear gold/green to mark they are newbies to the army.  (by unit, not by model)

That theme works for me. Generally, an army doesn't have to all be painted identically - consistent basing can help pull an army together as well. "Cohesive" is a subjective term meant to prevent people from grabbing random models from different armies and throwing them on the table. Sounds like you're totally fine to me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just wanted to bump this thread to give a shout-out to David Griffin for putting on one hell of an event. The terrain was the best I've ever seen at an event this size (~30 attendees). The event ran smoothly. Rules questions were handled efficiently. The schemes brought an unexpectedly enjoyable element to the tournament. I literally cannot think of a single complaint. As I understand it, this was the first time WFB/Sigmar was at Nashcon and I hope to see it again next year.

I'll share a few photos of the table terrain that impressed me most:

IMG_1649.JPG

IMG_1654.JPG

IMG_1655.JPG

IMG_1653.JPG

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, RoloMcFury said:

I just wanted to bump this thread to give a shout-out to David Griffin for putting on one hell of an event. The terrain was the best I've ever seen at an event this size (~30 attendees). The event ran smoothly. Rules questions were handled efficiently. The schemes brought an unexpectedly enjoyable element to the tournament. I literally cannot think of a single complaint. As I understand it, this was the first time WFB/Sigmar was at Nashcon and I hope to see it again next year.

Thank you! Glad you could make it, and I'm happy to hear you had such a good time. We will certainly do it again next year, and I have high hopes for an even better event in 2018!

• Like 1