Ben

AoS 6 Nations Pack - Draft 2

19 posts in this topic

The age of Sigmar 6 nations event is taking place in Derby on 16/17/18th June 2017.

The venue is:

The Grange Banqueting Suites

457 Burton Road

Littleover

Derby

DE23 6XX

The recommended hotel is Derby Premier Inn South - http://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/derbyshire/derby/derby-south.html?cid=GLBC_DEROAS

The teams taking part in this event are England, Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Wales, Scotland and Scandinavia.

8 players per team.

5 games.  3 hours per round including pairings.  

The match ups will be pre-drawn and each team will play each other once.  

The winner will be the team with the most points at the end of the event.

------

TIMETABLE

Friday

International singles tournament.  3 games kicking off around 1.30pm and running into the evening

Saturday and Sunday

Team Event (48 players) and singles  2 day side event (50 players) 

------------

PAIRINGS - COMPLETE

Pairing cards will be used.

Step 1 - First 2 match-ups

• Both Teams simultaneously place 1 army on the table

• Both Teams simultaneously offer 2 armies for the opponent’s placed army to choose from.

• Both Teams simultaneously choose which one of the 2 opponent’s offers they want.

• The army initially placed will fight against the offered army selected.

• Unchosen army is returned to its Team

Step 2 - Match-ups 3rd and 4th

• Develops exactly as Step 1.

Step 3 - All 4 match-ups left

• Both Teams simultaneously place 1 army on the table

• Both Teams simultaneously offer 2 armies for the opponent’s placed army to choose from.

• At this point each Team has only 1 card in his hand (Started with 4, placed 1, and offered 2)

Each team simultaneously chooses which one of the opponent’s 2 offered armies they want to face their initially placed army (Match-ups 5th and 6th). 

Each army not chosen will face the one card left in the Team’s hand. (Match Up's 7+8)

Battleplans - TBC

The 6 battle plans from the Generals Handbook will be played in integrated into the pairings

option 1. Predetermined battlplans so you know at each step what will be played.  

option 2. Random battle plans rolled up when you roll for the tables

Team and game Scoring - TBC

Team win = 3 points

Team Draw = 1 points

Team Loss = 0 Points

The team with the most Major Wins, wins the round.

In the case of equal Major Wins, the most Minor Wins will win the round.

If Minor and Major Wins are drawn then the round it a tie.  

The Team with the most points wins the event.  In the case of a tie, the result between the teams tied will decide the winner.

In the event of a 3 (or more) way tie the number of Major Wins scored will decide the winner.

If this is still tied then the number of Minor wins will be the tiebreaker.     

Army Selection rules.

Armies are 2000 points.

Only war scrolls with a Pitched Battle Profile in the Age of Sigmar Azyr App may be used and the adjusted points will be used.  

Warscrolls may not be duplicated across armies in a team but may be duplicated in a single players army.  

Each team must include at least 1 of each grand alliance.

Painting Requirements.

We think games of AoS look best when all models are fully painted and modelled to represent what they should on the battlefield.

• All models used must be fully painted miniatures of the appropriate type for the troops they represent.

• Proxies are not allowed. Using other manufacturers models and/or conversions is ok but they must be fully representative of the unit they intend to replace. 

• Named Characters must be the correct model. 

• The minimum requirement is 3 colours in an appropriate and cohesive scheme, with textured/painted bases.

• Due to the fact there is a significant advantage to using incorrect base sizes models must be based on appropriate round/oval bases.

• Models not painted or based appropriately WILL be removed as casualties.

• All unit options and command models must be shown on the models, for example if the models in a liberator unit have Sigmarite Hammers and a Grand Hammer you cannot use the rules for Sigmarite Swords and a Grand Blade.

Point will be awarded in this section for the following areas. This is per player.

All models in the army meet the minimum painting standards - 1 point

The army is full cohesive and looks like an army rather than a borrowed selection of units - 1 point

If in doubt please send photos to bencurry@baddice.co.uk

1 person likes this

I think the army selection rules are pretty tight. 

Still to debate are:

Scoring. 

Team Scoring.

Battleplans.

Let me know your thoughts

I have heard that bringing your own scenery is a thing in UK at larger events (which makes sense). What's the rules regarding this at 6 Nations?

i'll be supplying all the scenery for the 6 Nations

1 person likes this

52 minutes ago, Ben said:

i'll be supplying all the scenery for the 6 Nations

Can you show your work? Is it self made?

The tournament sounds really cool, I wish one day to take part of sammething like that, perhaps when the kid is bigger we will form a team :D

Will skyborne slayers and warrior brotherhood be legal?

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

I assume we will be using the full terrain rules?

I assume we will be using the full terrain rules?

Do you mean using warscrolls for baleful realmgate and Dragon fate Dias for example?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Aside from the pointed terrain rules, I was more referencing the terrain tables - mystic etc. I know some in our local club don't use it but I'm not sure what the consensus on the tournament scene is. 

Pretty standard to use the mystical/damned etc rules in tournaments from what I've experienced.

Set number of terrain pieces per table?

Placed by players?

Any suggestions/final thoughts before I post the final pack this weekend? 

I'd like too see deadlines in it. No new battletombs released after 30th April can be used etc. If generals hand book 2 is released after 30th April we will use Ghb 1. That sorta stuff Ben would be good to see

Are we to submit lists beforehand? If so what date is the cut off?

Are u gonna do an Faq for the event?

Like idea of knowing missions before match up are drawn.

On 31/03/2017 at 0:27 AM, rwrightni said:

I'd like too see deadlines in it. No new battletombs released after 30th April can be used etc. If generals hand book 2 is released after 30th April we will use Ghb 1. That sorta stuff Ben would be good to see

Yeh we definitely need a decent cutoff and lock down date. Some of us get the new shiny things before the rest of us 😉

Is it to be open list like ETC was? 

Hi Ben when are u publishing final pack?

Posted (edited)

Don't care about cut-off particularly, what I think is needed for teams to properly formulate lists is:

1. Confirmation of the army selection - Done

2. Confirmation of the scenarios - O/S

3. Confirmation of how scenarios will get chosen/assigned to games - O/S

4. How the scoring will work - O/S

Until we know those it's not really feasible to realistically start to work up the armies across the whole team in a meaningful manner, if there isn't enough time on this we basically end up with 8 players bringing their singles events lists and playing together rather than any cohesive team planning.

I should add I've now had to drop out of playing so if you want me to help out with any of the admin in advance (I won't be there on the weekend) I'm happy to lend a hand.

Edited by Dave Fraser
2 people like this

I finished this late last night but just need to double check it all and make it presentable.  it will be up tonight.