Stormcast suggested buying order

Lucifer

So, as the title suggests,  I'm looking for a purchase order for an effective stormcast force with as little 'chaff' as possible...

Assuming I have all books, paints etc...

What would your initial £200 look like

Then the next purchases after that?

The starter set, swapping the Chaos stuff for another set of Stormcast then the Stormcast expansion set is £200 on the button from Games Workshop. 

Loads of stuff for you're money, 11 units and three here's with two that could be kit bashed into something else. 

I got one set of starter models, the expansion and a venator. Kinda gives a very ranged fire heavy force with the judicators and I plan on building the Javelin prosecutors to flit around with the knight venator neutering the opposition's support characters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't care for the limitations of the Starter Box so I've gone about it the hard way (like everything else in life, I suppose). For starters, I bought a box of Liberators and a Lord-Celestant on foot. The same week saw the purchase of a Lord-Relictor from a guy that didn't need his anymore - GW really needs to release the Relictors for us Stormcast enthusiasts, come to think of it. Anyway, the next big purchase was the Expansion Set and another box of Liberators, amongst other related models. I can't stress how great the Stormcast Expansion Set really is.

My next purchase will be a Knight-Azyros, a box of Paladins, and a box of Prosecutors. That about evens out not having the Starter.

If the above doesn't help, I apologize. Really, there aren't a lot of chaff units for Stormcasts, in my opinion.

I would say shop around eBay for the units in the starter set that you do want.  A lord castellant with a large unit of liberators is a good start then units of Paladins in increments of 5.  The lord celestant on foot and retributors combo is very hard hitting and can ruin most elites.  5 man units of liberators are about as chaff as Stormcast get.

Johnson post makes total sense tbh and it's where I started before adding Extremis stuff and extra characters. 

That said, in retrospect I wouldn't bother with the starter set, other than picking up the characters. The Liberators in the individual box sets are far superior models to the starter set models IMO. I also haven't found a use for Prosecutors (probably as I'm such a fan of Extremis - before that I would've run Prosecutors). 

The expansion set is without a doubt a great purchase though. 

Archived