Galrauch

Lucio

Looking for a heavy hitter for my Disciples of Tzeentch force, built around a Pyroflame cult.

Whilst I have a Tzeentchian Soulgrinder built, I'm wondering about using Galrauch as an alternative.

The plus side is that he's a spellcaster, with ranged attacks and a decent melee ability but on the downside seems a bit squishy.

What are people's thoughts on using him?

Also, model wise my thought was to get a Warpflame Dragon kit as it comes with a resin head on top of the plastic one on the black dragon sprue but open to other suggestions.

I was tossing the idea around of including him in a Hosts Duplicitous force on top of the two LoC for some super spell casting monster goodness.

Have you considered a LoC? 20pts cheaper for better spellcasting but not as great on the melee side without a full melee build.

Whatso your current list idea?

Help me here: how is 10 wounds and a 4+ save "squishy"? Especially given he starts out with 14" fly and can therefore have a big influence on what he faces / is vulnerable to? What's a reasonable comparison unit? Cheers.

Help me here: how is 10 wounds and a 4+ save "squishy"? Especially given he starts out with 14" fly and can therefore have a big influence on what he faces / is vulnerable to? What's a reasonable comparison unit? Cheers.

For 340 points you get a Tzeentch dragon wizard that can dish out mortal wounds, which is good, but does not have an ability to regen. And with only 10 wounds and a 4+ save which can easily become a 5+ or worse from enemies with any type of rend, it will be a high target and die. Terrorgheist do, for example, have a regen, cost 320 points, and has 14 wounds with decent damage output.

It reads like Galrauch is more of a glass cannon and not much of a tanky dragon. He just can't soak up wounds and survive.

At least thats my take.

- Cedric

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

On 3/8/2017 at 9:09 AM, Lucio said:

Thanks, he did look a bit squishy. That said I might build a custom model for him anyway for the fun of it.

I am working on my conversion now. Black dragon parts and LoC heads can be won fairly cheap on EBay. The parts work out size wise too!

IMG_2210.JPG

IMG_2211.JPG

IMG_2212.JPG

IMG_2213.JPG

for 200 points you can take a gaunt summoner and a balewind. Then bond him to 30 brimstone horrors if ya want and for 320 points you got an amazing spell and a 35 wound hero who cant be attacked in combat lol.

also 20 tzaangors for 360 hits harder than the dragon. His spell is good but not 340 points good when the gaunt summoner has a similar spell for 100 points

Archived