Slaves to darkness + what god?

Kimbo

I recently made a post about SoD but this time i wanted a debate on the best God for them.

What god would you pick with SoD as the main force, and why? 

I would love solid lists that u have used for inspiration and how they worked on the table, If possible.

Im new to chaos so all tips are more then welcome!

It seems like right now Tzeentch are the best because of that fate dice stuff, I am personally mad as hell I started collecting and painting a month before big T's release and went Nurgle instead. 

So for that reason, Nurgle is obviously the best.

That said if Slaanesh get updated I can see them being pretty cool, given the keyword for a lot of StD heroes makes them stupidly quick.

They are all viable in their own way. And all can be fun in any aspect of the current rules. It pretty much boils down to personal taste. I've been collecting for so long that I can put a sizable force of STD on the table with any mark. 

It's all good to me.

3 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

It seems like right now Tzeentch are the best because of that fate dice stuff, I am personally mad as hell I started collecting and painting a month before big T's release and went Nurgle instead. 

So for that reason, Nurgle is obviously the best.

That said if Slaanesh get updated I can see them being pretty cool, given the keyword for a lot of StD heroes makes them stupidly quick.

We'll make our own battletome with...with blackjack and hookers 

Unfortunate that Nurgle didn't get the battletome before the Tzeentch book..... there were more model releases earlier for that mark..... disappointing, to say the least, that we will have to wait for Papas book. As for Slaanesh, we haven't even been de-mystified as to wtf happened to him/her/it. As soon as that happens, will new minis and a battletome be far behind?

I like Khorne. I can buff their damage with my abilities, but I don't play pure Slaves to Darkness. I also painted them in neutral blacks and greys so I can use them with different God's. I plan on expanding to Tzeench soon.

48 minutes ago, Tasman said:

Unfortunate that Nurgle didn't get the battletome before the Tzeentch book..... there were more model releases earlier for that mark..... disappointing, to say the least, that we will have to wait for Papas book.

New book and New GUO would be nice. Not sure what else they'd release for them, something that's in-between Blightkings and Plaguebearers I guess?

2 hours ago, Kimbo said:

How do you usually play att 1000p with mix of khorne and SoD? 

Replace Khorgorath and Bloodreavers with Chaos Warriors... 

But I use them to bump up my Khorne army to 2000 points. Plus summon Bloodletters with the Sorcerer.

21 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

New book and New GUO would be nice. Not sure what else they'd release for them, something that's in-between Blightkings and Plaguebearers I guess?

I don't know that you'd need anything in between.... warriors fill that spot pretty well, or marauders.

But yeah, I just really want a nurgle tome. A new big Papi would be cool as hell too.

18 hours ago, Wraith01 said:

Replace Khorgorath and Bloodreavers with Chaos Warriors... 

But I use them to bump up my Khorne army to 2000 points. Plus summon Bloodletters with the Sorcerer.

Marauders and knights....

4 hours ago, Tasman said:

I don't know that you'd need anything in between.... warriors fill that spot pretty well, or marauders.

But yeah, I just really want a nurgle tome. A new big Papi would be cool as hell too.

Shh, GW have spies here and if you say that I can use warriors then I have to use them instead of them giving me slimy new toys

Archived