The Painting Contract - March 2017

Mohojoe

Hello folks and welcome to the Painting Contract for February 2017 

If you don't know the rules they are:

Each month you post an amount of models that you agree to try to paint/build/convert/sculpt. This can be terrain, models, silver tower or blood bowl as well as AoS of course. 

On the 28th of the month the contract closes and you can then post your progress images so that they can be critiqued, shared and boasted about. It is a great way to get involved in the community and to get inspiration.

With all that out of the way

My March pledge:

With the Ogor army all but squared away now I am looking to try a few practice models of various armies and to make some scenery for my barren table.

Good luck folks

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so in this month, last months pledge and the excellent 1k thread kept me well on track.

So in February I got 6 man size, 2 small monsters and 1 terrain done...I think for march I'd like.

5 Blood warriors, blood secrator and a graveyard terrain piece. Hopefully that is doable with a busy work month...looking forward to it.

All right.

Well, my pledge will be pretty straight forward: complete the models required for my 2,000 point Sylvaneth list. This means finishing my Treelord, 5 Tree-revenants and 10 Dryads. If I have a bit of spare time I will try to complete some Duardin AoS28 conversions, maybe even a few Chaos dudes.

Oh, and obviously if Steamhead come out I reserve the right to completely change my plan!

Well have a lot left over after a busy February so here goes:

1. finish my daemonettes scheme (Did about six tries still not happy)
2. Paint the first 3 converted warriors
3. Test basing concept for my Slaanesh army
4. 30th anniversary edition White Dwarf on Shield
5. Base my giant

If my next campaign day turns out to be early april I will also need to finish some additional terrain. This precedes points 1,2 and 3. But will see :) 

Ok why not.

This will give me a good reason to stop fantasising about which army to start with all that money I don't have and actually paint the models I have.

I think I'll keep things small for now and pledge 10 goes for my Brayherd. 

Really pleased to start getting involved :)

Right, so I bit off more than I could chew for February.

March will consist of me finishing my Blood Bowl team - 6 players, plus the tokens and some balls.

I'm also going to do the bases, including the magical vortex stuff, on my 6 Tzaangor Skyfires, 3 Tzaangor Enlightened, and the Tzaangor Shaman.

Count me in! Will pledge to paint a unit of Kurnoth Hunters since they're the only Sylvaneth I have that are still unpainted, beyond that... maybe more Sylvaneth or maybe some Brets (have been getting the urge to paint them again, and the infantry look so good on round bases)...

So 3 Kurnoth Hunters + an unspecified amount of either unbought Sylvaneth or rebased Bretonnians!

So, I kind of did not acomplished what I pledged last month, so I will take this lower this time.

I pledge to:
Finish 5 brutes that are already basecoated.
Finish my Gargant that is basecoated and washed.
Build, undercoat and basecoat 5 more brutes.

Archived