How to make Slaves to darkness competitive?

Kimbo

I just dusted of my fantasy chaos units and Was thinking...

Can the Slaves to darkness hold There own? Or do you need other chaos units to make them competitive? If so...tip on good synergies?

I would like to make a StD only army, buy at the same time want something that wont lose every game.

How do you play your StD for 1000p and 1500p? Share your wizdom!!!

Im open to mixing with demons If thats a competitive way o play

I dont know StD enough to give you a list. But for 1500pt my guess is that a compeditative list (with StD models only) will involve Tzeentch (DoT allegiance) and maybe the fatesworn warband battalion (everchosen).

And maybe Archaon on 2000pt could be good in combination with the DoT allegiance (or atleast very cool).

You should be fine.

But using the Disciples of Tzeenetch. Allegiance abilities looks especially tasty.

The foot lord of chaos seems particularly tasty when combined with fate dice to make sure his 2d6 damage spear attack works.

And he gives re-roll armor saves as a command ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Kimbo said:

Ok Nice! What does DoT do exactley to boost SoD? And where do i find the tzeench rules?

Thanks!

Basically pick up the recent Disciples of Tzeentch book, take Mark of Tzeentch on all of the Slaves of Darkness models and voila, Tzeentch allegiance, the option to add both Tzeentch Daemons and various cultists to your army plus Tzeentch tends to allow re-roll armour saves so your army can get quite tough with runeshields and a Chaos Shrine.

On top of that you get a mechanic where you can replace dice rolls with pre-rolled results, and some nice artifacts and Command trait options.

My suggestion would be to start with something like a Fatemaster on a disk, a Sorcerer Lord, and a couple of units of Chaos Warriors backed up by a Warshrine. If you want some extra bodies on the ground, either Tzangors or Chaos Maurauders.

Basically pick up the recent Disciples of Tzeentch book, take Mark of Tzeentch on all of the Slaves of Darkness models and voila, Tzeentch allegiance, the option to add both Tzeentch Daemons and various cultists to your army plus Tzeentch tends to allow re-roll armour saves so your army can get quite tough with runeshields and a Chaos Shrine.

On top of that you get a mechanic where you can replace dice rolls with pre-rolled results, and some nice artifacts and Command trait options.

My suggestion would be to start with something like a Fatemaster on a disk, a Sorcerer Lord, and a couple of units of Chaos Warriors backed up by a Warshrine. If you want some extra bodies on the ground, either Tzangors or Chaos Maurauders.

The lord of chaos with a spear would be another way to re-roll armor saves for your Warriors and he already re-rolls his own.

His spear would rock with fate dice as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds tasty! 

I think i might give tzeench a shot!

I want to use knights in my list. You think this looks ok? Please give feedback im here to learn ?

Leaders
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)
- Runestaff
Lord Of Chaos (100)
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)

Battleline
20 x Chaos Warriors (360)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Knights (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
- Slaves to Darkness Battleline
5 x Chaos Knights (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons

Units
1 x Chaos Warshrine (200)
- Mark of Chaos: None
1 x Chaos Chariots (80)
- Greatblades
1 x Chaos Chariots (80)
- Greatblades

Total: 1500/2000

The idea is that everything is marken tzeench!

On February 28, 2017 at 2:01 PM, Kimbo said:

Sounds tasty! 

I think i might give tzeench a shot!

I want to use knights in my list. You think this looks ok? Please give feedback im here to learn ?

Leaders
Chaos Sorcerer Lord (140)
- Runestaff
Lord Of Chaos (100)
Chaos Lord On Daemonic Mount (140)

Battleline
20 x Chaos Warriors (360)
- Hand Weapon & Shield
5 x Chaos Knights (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
5 x Chaos Knights (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons

Units
1 x Chaos Warshrine (200)
1 x Chaos Chariots (80)
- Greatblades
1 x Chaos Chariots (80)
- Greatblades

Total: 1500/2000

The idea is that everything is marken tzeench!

You probably can get more bang for your buck if you group your chariots into a unit. Also, you'd probably  want to mark that warshrine.

I've always been a big fan of knights. Their role has changed a bit in AoS. They're more tanky now than they used to be....that's why I run them in units of 10. I put inspiring presence on them, and turn them loose. 30 wounds with saves on mortal wounds. Yes.

Archived