Partners in Chaos - Results & Feedback Thread

Andy Talbot

First of all @The Lost Lighthouse (Gary) and I would like to thank everyone that attended Partners in Chaos. We both really enjoyed running our first event and that is in no small part down to all you guys & gals. So, thank you!

Here is a quick run-down of the final standings and all of the award winners:

1st: Facehammer/Eskimo Bros.

20170211_182558.jpg.d5d17b1f5c8dde89467b6debc52b5a5d.jpg

2nd: Pride of Lyons

20170211_182514.jpg.c37c51003463eafc837bb28adfb96edd.jpg

3rd: Double D...eath

20170211_182447.jpg.49a14651900afb306be321449429bb4a.jpg

Monty's Wooden Spoon: Dr. C0cksniff & The Rhodfather

20170211_182411.jpg.7cf92f66e91b35c0cd921b896f39b0df.jpg

Best Chaos: Ninja Badgers

20170211_182327.jpg.2e9d7bcaf90cb8237a4350ebd0d79cc6.jpg

Best Death: Double D...eath

20170211_182304.jpg.498f114ce4af635d41158791c6474a9a.jpg

Best Destruction: The Black & White Minstrel Show

20170211_182236.jpg.d9b64066e67f59f47a4618eb9bbffee2.jpg

Best Order: Face-Doggers

20170211_182211.jpg.ccd0ce190b20d4675ee695d0dc5d927f.jpg

Best in Show: Ian Gilmore

20170211_182135.jpg.dbdd525611fce24886a54c0af4040280.jpg

Best Opponent: Matt Arnold

20170211_182107.jpg.a27c8972f459f14dd170a2f957cf68be.jpg

Final Standings:

58af64f50fa7d_WhatsAppImage2017-02-12at13_41.05(1).jpeg.743d5e8b3c467e8c53b5cfb706d00a26.jpeg

I think it's safe to say that with how much Gary & I enjoyed the event we will be looking to run more in the future. With this in mind it would be great to get feedback from all those who attended, letting us know all the positives and any negatives that you think would could improve upon for our next events

I'd also like to say a very quick thank you to Scott 'The Boss' Lines for supplying the boards, Matt Bennett for volunteering his time to help us set up the hall and Gary's lovely wife Amy for taking some awesome photos of all of the Best in Show army nominees. Don't hold me to this, but I will be looking to get a quick write up of the event and post all of those awesome photos to our Facebook page - www.facebook.com/AgeofSigBrah so you can all see her great work.

You can also contact us on twitter:

Andy - @AndyTalent

Gary - @GaryHennessey

The Podcast (but mostly Gary) - @AgeofSigBrah

Age of SigBrah - Ep. 37 'Knobbing About' covers some of our thoughts on the event as first time organisers in Gary & I, as well as @Chris Tomlin from an attendees point of view; so be sure to check it out.

Thanks again to everyone who attended and to all those help us out through our first event. Hope to see you all again soon for event number 2 'Growing Shadow'

Great Day, played 3 really fun opponents and had a blast.

Venue - Top notch, really clean, well layed out, plenty of space. Only downside (although I never reached these heights) was the top couple of tables seemed to have a chair shortage.

Parking was cheap and close by, so thats a major plus.  Train station very close was also great for those who cant drive.

Food - Pizza is good :) (I know this got changed late on, possibly next time you would have a chance to ask what variety folks wanted making it a bit less of a punt on which varieties to get)

Timings - Everything ran smoothly no hold ups. 

Trophies - Were absolutely brilliant, great idea and looked fab

Will be back for the next one 100%

A seriously good, well run, relaxed and friendly event. Totaly epitomised the scene at the moment.

Loved the venue and completely echo Paul's comments about transport, food and trophies.

Can't wait for the next one!

just really relaxedEverybody was 

I had a great time!

Food was good, tables all looked great with the mats on them, plenty of space between tables as well!

I enjoyed the best in alliance awards having separate criteria, rather than just going to the highest placed person in the alliance. 

Overall a great tournament, will be back next year for sure (with all the filth!).

2 dayer next time?

I'll start off with a disclaimer, I hate doubles events!

But Andy and Gary have pretty much changed my mind, I'll try and attend anything they run in the future. 

The event ran super smooth, venue was great, ample parking 5 minute walk away and prize support was amazing.

The best in alliance trophys are some of the nicest I've seen.

Thanks to my partner Laurie and my opponents. Apart from T-bag and Russ, they can snack a D.

Hey,

Awesome day. My feedback has been provided directly, but essentially echoes the above. @Andy Talbot & @The Lost Lighthouse (Gary) did a fantastic job for their first event. Super proud of them!

Congrats to all the winners, but especially @Russ Veal / @Terry Pike and @Ian Gilmore for all deservedly beating me to 1st place and painting respectively.

Thanks to @Paddy O'Sullivan for being a great doubles partner, always a pleasure my friend!

And also thanks to all our opponents; Rob, Ian, Wayne, Rich, Russ and Terry.

I did a wrap up of my games on TBS Weekly, you can check it out here;

I'll post a link for Age of Sigbrah episode 37 when it is released later today as well, be sure to check that out. If for no other reason than me and Andy recounting Gary's great announcement at the start of the day!! Hahaha!!

Chris

I think it's safe to say that with how much Gary & I enjoyed the event we will be looking to run more in the future. With this in mind it would be great to get feedback from all those who attended, letting us know all the positives and any negatives that you think would could improve upon for our next events

Sounds epic. Gutted I wasn't able to attend. The photos tell the story! Everyone is super happy!

Was a great event, no complaints, three great games, hopefully next time we'll win more than 1/10 priority rolls ?

Definitely be on my list of events for 2017

#justiceforAbby

*post podcast listening*

- Would have been nice to have known non-alliance pairings couldn't win the cool trophies prior to list submission, or have trophies for non alliance pairings. (Turns out the pack says you can't win an award if different allegiances whoops)

-like the idea of a Friday evening start, as long as there was plenty of notice, which to be fair there usually is.

Brilliant event, great location awesome bunch of people. Love the best in alliance trophy's and secret missions really great idea, wanted to get a Monty too (Such a cool Trophy like an Oscar but for AOS). Can't think of anything to improve really. Hopefully there will be another AOSB event in the future!

Archived