First Vanguard-Pallador Assembled!

I put together one of the new Vanguard-Palladors last night. They are awesome kits with very little in the way of mold lines and gaps. The only gaps I will need to fill are near the Gryph-Charger's butt and along the top of his neck. You can see the subassemblies I broke it down into for painting. I had to leave one of the rider's legs off so I can put him on the beast later. Just be careful, there are a few fiddly bits that are easy to break. I broke 2. One you can't even notice, the other is part of the reins, which I will greenstuff back in.

Awesome poses on these though, and they are pretty large too. One thing I noticed is that it looks like the heads from these guys won't be compatible with other Stormcast models without a bit of converting due to the way their necks are sculpted. This is because the Stormcast for this unit are leaning forward so much, their necks are craned upwards so they can be looking forward.

pallador.jpg.e08039f720a510754cf3e340d3970927.jpg

pallador2.jpg.ca0da81de90d219cbd39fdc490ea2aac.jpg

pallador3.jpg.b2719f4fd77b6b64329b1e5a3ba3f002.jpg

pallador4.jpg.ea9309e0fc16742a75ebc87bec4cbd5b.jpg

Feel free to ask me any questions you may have about the kit and I'll try and answer them.

1 hour ago, Theduke said:

Really excited to see you paint one of these up!  Any chances of a tutorial?  I loved your gryph hound one.  

Thanks! Don't know when these guys will fall into my painting schedule to be honest. I might end up painting them similar to my Gryph Hound too, but I'll for sure have a tutorial on them when I do.

Is there enough bits to magnatize weapon options or will I have to hit up bits stores?

For instance, I magnatized my liberators at the shoulder for shield or duel wield but had to pick up 4 more shoulder pads. Is this a similar case or can they magnatized at the elbows?

1 hour ago, Vasshpit said:

Is there enough bits to magnatize weapon options or will I have to hit up bits stores?

For instance, I magnatized my liberators at the shoulder for shield or duel wield but had to pick up 4 more shoulder pads. Is this a similar case or can they magnatized at the elbows?

Looking at the sprue pictures on the GW website it looks like both weapons are on the forearm, so should be easy enough to magnetise them.

Looks amazing! I'll be buying some in April as a birthday gift to myself. 

Would like to know what assembly options you've found? Like I think they come with different weapons and backpack stuff for the mount... Any bits that could be used in creative ways...?

13 hours ago, mhsellwood said:

Looking at the sprue pictures on the GW website it looks like both weapons are on the forearm, so should be easy enough to magnetise them.

Yes, the weapon arms connect at the forearm and you get both the javelin and axe. Though on one of the models the axe uses a different shoulder bit then the javelin, but I think this has more to do with the posing, so if that doesn't bother you I'm sure you could magnetize it.

12 hours ago, Wraith01 said:

Looks amazing! I'll be buying some in April as a birthday gift to myself. 

Would like to know what assembly options you've found? Like I think they come with different weapons and backpack stuff for the mount... Any bits that could be used in creative ways...?

It's all pretty straight forward. Each model comes with a bed roll, rope, and a canteen, so you could mix and match those a bit. There are 2 different plume options for each helmet. About it.

8 hours ago, Davariel said:

Those gryphs look way more amazing than I expected... seriously tempted to convert some into Bretonnian Hippogryph knights now.

Are the details like the holstered pistol and the baggage separate pieces or part of the mount?

The holstered pistol and baggage are all separate. The harness, saddles, and parts of the reins (depending on which model it is) are sculpted on.

Here's the second Pallador assembled, the Prime. I used the Macklemore head on him, which I really like. Again, I left parts of him off for ease of painting, including one of his legs so I can take him off his mount. Someone had asked for a comparison shot with a Dracoth so that's there as well. This Gryph-Charger only connects to the base with one hoof, so take your time letting it dry.

pallador.jpg.36e9b78bc12f80e3548c8c3032aa6c92.jpg

pallador2.jpg.66920d9eed1de19df99ccdda882a8970.jpg

pallador3.jpg.9339ec1d4e93a393919125088088f1ca.jpg

pallador4.jpg.abb4f2549d1960be106d2bb7f2ccb904.jpg

1 hour ago, Mengel Miniatures said:

No. Once both of the legs are glued on the rider you can't remove them because they hook under detail on the beast.

Thanks for the info, kind of a bummer transporting all my stuff is getting more difficult.

Archived