Bonesplitterz 2k, arrowboyz need not apply

BiggusDickus

Hi, i'm new here. I just wanted to post this list to hear some opinions on an alternative strategy to the infamous Kunnin Rukk.

Basically what i'm trying to do is stack buffs on my melee units by casting and/or with Wardokks and use Boarboys Maniakz that end up piling up and attacking about 4 times a turn (maybe more if i missed something) to wreck havoc among the enemies.

I'm not sure if the list is tanky enough though as the model count seems to be pretty low for a bonesplitterz army.

What do you think?

ALLEGIANCE: Destruction
LEADERS
Wurrgog Prophet (140)
- General
- Command Trait : Ravager
- Artefact : Talisman of Protection
Wardokk (80)
- Artefact : Savage Trophy
Wardokk (80)
Wardokk (80)
Maniak Weirdnob (100)
- Artefact : Savage Trophy
Maniak Weirdnob (100)
UNITS
20 x Savage Orruk Morboys (240)
20 x Savage Orruk Morboys (240)
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (320)
- Bonesplitterz Battleline
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (320)
- Bonesplitterz Battleline
10 x Savage Orruks (100)
- Battleline
BATTALIONS
Drakkfoot Warclan (60)
Kop Rukk (100)
Snaga Rukk (40)

1 minute ago, Beau said:

Could you jot down your strategy to see where all that is coming from?

I want to try and evaluate how you might make it stronger or protect it.

I want to create a really hard hitting melee unit so:

-10 Boarboys Maniakz can pile in and attack 2 times (during the combat phase and at the end of it)

-The Prophet's command ability gives them another pile in move and attack during the hero phase

-The Drakkfoot Clan lets one of my Weirdnobs cast Blood Waaaagh! on them giving them another pile in move and attack during the hero phase

-The other Weirdnoob doesn't just sit around, he can cast Bone Spirits to make them reroll 1s to hit (and since a double on a casting roll is a success thanks to Drakkfoot Clan there's more of a chance of rerolling all to hit rolls)

-One of the Wardokks or the Prophet can also cast Brutal Beast Spirits to add 1 to their to hit rolls

-Thanks to the Destruction alliance ability and the general's trait they can also move 1D6+2" during the hero phase

-After this movement they can attempt to charge thanks to Snaga Rukk

-Other spells like Kunning Beast Spirits, Mystic Shield or the Wardokk dance can give them somewhat of a protection

-There are also some backup buffable units in case the Boarboys fail (2x20 Moarboys)

I was thinking initially that the weakness to this would really be that you're putting all your peas into one pod, but that isn't the case. Though the intention is to buff up those boar Boyz, you still have quite a number of other units around. And even if they die, you could just buff another unit.

That being said I think the downside to this list is the leadership. If someone manages to snipe your prophet and wardokk's then you really just have a bunch of floppy infantry. 

Are you able to make any of those savage lads into arrow Boyz as a distraction?

I feel as though if someone has the threat of range against them, they'll focus less on your heroes.

4 minutes ago, BiggusDickus said:

I could drop the Morboys units to 2x10 and put in 20 arrowboys but i don't think they can pull their weight with that 5+ to hit. The hero-sniping problem is my biggest fear in this list and i can't see a way out of it.

I think it depends. if they are in aoe buff they will get better. It just depends on how they're buffed. 

IMO if you want to play pure Bonesplitterz w. Destruction Allegiance and want to keep the look of only bonesplitterz you can make/convert one of your boarboyz to Warboss with banner and make it your general. You will play the regular Orruk Warboss warscroll with the fluffy look of your savage and you will get all the bonuses those guys miss. Banner gives all orruks re-rolls on wounds -1s. General abillity Waagh! Gives you +1 extra melee for every attack so one for chompas and one for tusks. That makes 60 attacks for the boyz. I was using this combo (though I used regular Warboss on boar) and it is mostly effective.

And put all the bonuses on the Boarboyz - mystic shield, bellowing tyrant (if you have snaga rukk you can loose that 2" additional move from ravager), Maniak Weirdnob's spell and you are ready to go.

Ahh and I forgot - other unit of Maniaks will have all the same bonuses from the Warboss (re-roll wounds, 60 attacks) but without mystic shield and bellowing tyrant. 120 attacks is like 40 arrer boyz.

Sacrifice the Wurggog and replace him with Warboss!

But if you insist on keeping pure Bonesplitterz without ArrerBoyz I admire that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived