2k mixed destruction list

rokmonkey

Hi! 

I've been following this forum for a while now and it's been really useful in helping me get started with aos! 

I have started off with ironjaws, but i'd like to build a bigger army, and love the options that mixed destruction throws up. 

I would really appreciate feedback on my 2k list idea before I make the jump and order more miniatures! 

1 megaboss  140pts 

1 moonclan shaman 60pts 

1 warchanter 80pts 

40 moonclan grots 240pts

2 fanatics 60pts

40 moonclan grots 240pts

2 fanatics 60pts

10 orc arrer boys 100pts

3 leadbelcher 160pts

3 leadbelcher 160pts

5 brutes 180pts

5 brutes 180pts

10 ardboys 180pts

1 rocklobber 100pts

Ironfist 60pts 

2000/2000

Thanks in advance. 

Chris. 

Hey Chris, welcome to the forums!

Mixed destruction is indeed, super fun to play and gives you a lot of really fun options.

Before we get too far into your list, what will you be using it for. Narrative, matched play or open play? A simpler question may be do you want it to follow a theme or are you looking to make the strongest list you can? 

I guess it will mostly be matched games. starting off at a local level but if i get any good at it i would go on to try some tournaments. I like the idea of having a vague theme, but mostly having units that are fun to play and hopefully relatively competitive. 

I would probably aim for something a bit similar to this:

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)
Frostlord on Stonehorn (460)
Huskard on Thundertusk (340)

Battleline
40 x Moonclan Grots (240)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
40 x Moonclan Grots (240)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
6 x Ogors (240)

Units
2 x Grot Fanatics (60)
2 x Grot Fanatics (60)

War Machines
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)

Total: 1940/2000

The Ogors would be my choice for your third battleline however really you could cut and paste whatever you like to fit in there.  

Spear chukkas are great for closing your range and the thundertusk gives you an 18" deathray which I have found super handy in my games. Stonehorn is ridiculously tanky and can pump out damage too, I sorta feel they are both undercosted but currently they are what they are.

thanks for that! The addition of the beastclaw monsters was definitely something that I should have had in there. I like the bonus from having a double spear chukka too! 

I thought leadbelchers looked like a cool idea but I take it they are not that good in reality? 

5 minutes ago, rokmonkey said:

thanks for that! The addition of the beastclaw monsters was definitely something that I should have had in there. I like the bonus from having a double spear chukka too! 

I thought leadbelchers looked like a cool idea but I take it they are not that good in reality? 

They are alright. My list has three of them just to add a bit of ranged presence. They are however pretty expensive and you really want them in groups of 6. The range is also only 12" which is also the charge range so usually if they are in range they can be charged. The melee profile is quite nice as it has rend but its not worth the cost in points if you are buying them just for that. 

This is my list, its not perfect as its mostly using what I have. 

So far it works really well against armies without shooting however I reckon it will be pretty easily shot to bits. 

All the scenarios in my upcoming tournament revolve around catching an objective so it actually works fairly well at it. Not Super competitive level but enough to win me a few games. 

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)
Frostlord on Stonehorn (460)
Huskard on Thundertusk (340)
Tyrant (160)
- Massive Ogre Club

Battleline
6 x Ogors (240)
3 x Leadbelchers (160)
- Gutbusters Battleline
6 x Ogors (240)