Chikout's painting progress.

Chikout

Thought it was time I started my own win thread. Last year I got through 24 minis. I have already done 27 this year. Hopefully writing this will keep my motivation up. 

To start with I have a question. I am colour blind which makes choosing paint schemes a bit of a hassle. I am planning on picking up a few of the palladors next week as they are fantastic minis and I was wondering what colour to paint the mounts. I have already chosen the scheme for the Stormcast themselves which you can see below. So, has any got any ideas? Some advice would be most welcome.DSC_0261.JPG.d820fa412f9dc5df2baaf33d69022ec3.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chikout said:

Finished a baby Gryph-hound hound. Tried to make it look like my real dog. Just ten minis left to go from silver tower.

DSC_0282.JPG

DSC_0284.JPG

Love the paint job, however; if you're anything like me... You won't like people attacking or killing it. I painted a dog after mine for Froatgrave. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Hollow said:

Really like your Tzaangors. How many do you plan to do?

Just the silver tower stuff for now. I will probably pick up a shaman and some skyfires soon as I can use them in silver tower. After that I may do a full army, but I might get tempted away by the Duardin or shadow Aelves.

The joy of silver tower is that it lets me be a hobby butterfly but still use everything I paint.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well the last three weeks have been stolen by Zelda, but it is now time to try and get an albatross off my neck.

I started painting the big guy about 15 months ago  ( though I have painted all of silver tower and a handful of extra heroes in the meantime) and with the kharadron on the horizon it is time to try and get him done. 

Despite the progress I have made, it is still a massively daunting project. There are dozens of skulls to paint. More than 20 claws to do. I have most of the back to do. I want to improve the fire effect on the sword. I have yet to do the nurgle head etc etc etc. 

By putting my wip up here, hopefully it will give me the motivation to get it done.DSC_0433.JPG.fc19a31bd0c91afe27743aa0456d1ef6.JPGDSC_0434.JPG.1a8734ee04404efe52e04326c3fa4bb5.JPG

Edited by Chikout
  • Like 2

Here is the (almost) completed silver tower set plus a few extra heroes.DSC_0439.JPG.174e4f4dc70be6d706ba773aa3378f89.JPG

The last hero is waiting for the upcoming shadow Aelves reveal before I decide on a paint scheme.DSC_0440.JPG.8e891a0552360f8268f44d34ebe16d56.JPG

I have also done a bit more work on Archaon's, though the nurgle head in particular still needs a lot of work.DSC_0441.JPG.a0e453f64f26ba983ba4ea33876fe371.JPG

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Well after a long absence here is the finished Archaon. The project was delayed for six weeks as I needed a new base which then took six weeks to ship from GW. I am pretty happy with the end result but it does not photograph particularly well.sketch-1501473886680.png.a614eab80db3288aeed56e27089b0775.png

• Like 5