Army list + command ability questions

frogboy

Question

Two for the price of one...

I got two questions here, not sure if this will apply to all army's but thought I'd ask as the answer is not immediately obvious to me. I'm looking at Dark Elves, on the App.

Question 1. If making a Exciled Warhost (warscroll battalion) for example, under the organisation it has a list of units, are these minimum requirement or is the Warhost (warscroll battalion) limited to only these? Some of the units listed in the Warhost are not availible under the Dark Elves tab on the App (The Dreadlord on Black Dragon). Also do the rules only apply if I have only them units, or can I have other units from different factions in the same army and still gain the bonus' from the Warscroll battalion?

Question 2. Command Abilitys, do they work on mounts and monsters? I guess they can't work on themselves, for example does the Dreadlord on Black Dragons "do not disappoint me" rule (which is not in Dark Elf section of the App, but is in the Exiled Warhost) work on Cold Ones as well as the Knights?

Thanks in advance.

2 answers to this question

1. To field a warscroll battalion, you must have exactly whatever units it says, the battalion cannot contain any more or less.

You can have other units in your army, but they won't be part of the battalion. You can have several battalions in your army, and you can have units that aren't part of any battalion in your army.

Usually, the special rules granted by a battalion only apply to units that make up part of that battalion, not to any other units in your army. It actually depends on the wording of the rule, but I don't know of any battalion rules that carry over to the rest of your army. For example, if your army contains 3 units of Dark Riders, and one Exiled Warhost, you will need to make it clear which unit of Dark Riders is part of the Warhost, only that unit will get the benefits.

It doesn't matter what tab the unit is under, so long as there are rules and points for it.

2. Unless stated otherwise, command abilities affect the whole model (mount & monsters), and a model can use a command ability on itself. It depends on the wording, but "Do Not Disappoint Me" will affect the Cold Ones (if you target Knights), and can target the Dreadlord himself, in which case it will affect the dragon.

The exact requirements & limitations will be stated in the rules for the ability itself.

Archived