Does Heralds of the God King cost reinforcement points in matched play?

TerrorPenguin

Question

19 answers to this question

15 hours ago, Burscheid said:

I don't think it does, The GHB mentions "set-up" and "replace" for reinforcement points. The warscroll contends you are "reinforcing".

Reinforcing is different than replacing.

It might be that simple ( and confusing )

-burscheid

Would be ironic if they ruled that 'reinforcing' didn't cost reinforcement points (their term) but replacing did. 

I would say yes, but mainly because they chose to ****** over Death (and others) by having similar items cost points, so no reason this shouldn't.  Note I think it's stupid it costs points (same with like the Ring of Immortality or the Phoenix) but since those cost points, fair is fair.

26 minutes ago, rokapoke said:

And the words immediately following the colon: "set up". I vote for "confusing" here -- this isn't a "reinforcement" (which has no real definition in the rules) but is a set-up.

Yeah totally confusing for sure, but the unit is being set up in the "celestial realm" an then lightning strike down. Does that imply a different set-up ? 

What does ligthing strike on page 115 say ? Maybe we are missing context ?

-burscheid

12 minutes ago, Burscheid said:

I don't think it does, The GHB mentions "set-up" and "replace" for reinforcement points. The warscroll contends you are "reinforcing".

Reinforcing is different than replacing.

It might be that simple ( and confusing )

-burscheid

And the words immediately following the colon: "set up". I vote for "confusing" here -- this isn't a "reinforcement" (which has no real definition in the rules) but is a set-up.

The impression given on Warhammer TV yesterday is that it wouldn't.  I'm fairly sure we'll see an FAQ to clarify.  Having seen this question a couple of other places the confusion is the "set up that unit, restored to full health" thus it's the same unit and wasn't destroyed - however it's one of those arguments you'll end up chasing your tail with.

I thing that, because of the way this is worded, it MIGHT not cost reinforcement points. The only reason I believe this is because of the wording "set up THAT unit, restored to full health." Because of the wording, I could see the intent being that it does not actually create a new unit, but restores dead models to the unit that was already there (similar to the wad skeletons don't need to pay points for refreshing themselves). That all being said, until I see an FAQ that clarifies this one way or another, I will side with the people that say it cost reinforcement points. I just wound be surprised/offended if tournament organizers or games workshop themselves rule it the other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. You're still setting up a new unit, similar to (off the top of my head) Ironjawz and Flesheater courts formations.

General rule of thumb - if the ability that brings a unit back/creates a unit isn't actually on that unit's warscroll, it *definitely* costs points.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Archived