FEC without monsters

Uprising

I was wondering is it possible to run a pure FEC army at 2000 without monster(terroghiest/dragon).  I was considering for my 2000 pt list would be ghoul patrol with horrors and flayers.  How would you build the list?  Have a great day. 

Here what I was thinking
Leaders
Crypt Ghast Courtier
Varghulf Courtier
Varghulf Courtier
Varghulf Courtier
Abhorrant Ghoul King

Battleline
30 x Crypt Ghouls
30 x Crypt Ghouls
30 x Crypt Ghouls
3 x Crypt Flayers
3 x Crypt Flayers
Battalions
Ghoul Patrol
Total: 1980/2000

Hey, It's an interesting list. Since the flayers are quite weak on their own, it may be better to put them into one unit. This way you give yourself 6 flayers which can really take advantage of the 3 courtiers you've got on the board. Currently I think your opponents will just focus on the flayers and you'll lose out on some rend and possible mortal wounds.

Make sure you keep the abhorrent safe, he can easily be sniped. a cloak of mists and shadows may be good so you can keep him covered, and then unleash him on the turn you need to him to be close. This allows him to cast his spell or buff the ghouls. 

A weakness of the list is the reliance on one caster. This means you can't give a unit mystic shield, which is a good way of keeping one of your units alive (along with ruler of the night). You could drop one courtier for a necromancer. Yes you break allegiance but you give yourself some flexibility. Van hels means the flayers can really dish out some possible mortal wounds, or the ghouls can shred some units with weight of numbers. On the approach it also means you can cast mystic shield with a possible extra attack or van hels also making your opponent think of the issues associated with a charge.

Hope this info helps!

Archived