Three Knight Venators

Dracoth

Wondered how people would feel if I turned up for a game using my Stormcasts and deployed 3 Knight Venators. What would you think of it from a game perspective and fluff perspective. I know its really down to what my opponent thinks but I'm just curious as to others thoughts on the matter.

No issue, your army is your choice. If I was playing with chaos I'd just be glad they weren't Knight Azyros. They're the closest thing to a war machine that SE have, and only score in like half the missions we play anyway so from a 'cheese' or 'filth' perspective I'd have no issue anyway. 

I don't think there is a problem at all, they are only 5 wound characters with no mortal wound save. 

And the amount of times the uber arrow fails to wound or my opponent makes their save makes me sad. :(

Cool, good to get your responses. I'm quite pleased with the three I have modelled, managed to repose them all and do something with each of their Eagles to make them look unique.

From a fluff perspective I'm still learning when it comes to SE's but I think I'm right in thinking that each chamber would usually be assigned just the one Venator each.

I need to come up with a reason for the three being deployed together, I need to work on this and flesh it out but I was initially thinking they could be triplets in their mortal life famed for great deeds, and Sigmar thought it best to keep them as a threesome due to their combined might. What do you think?   

For me it's really hit or miss... There are times where it one-shot killed characters or brought monsters to their kneels but there equal times were it did absolutely nothing at all. I think what Dracoth plans to do is very good as with three of them you will get at least the satisfaction that one of the three will make a good shot...

On 5/5/2016 at 2:01 AM, Dracoth said:

Cool, good to get your responses. I'm quite pleased with the three I have modelled, managed to repose them all and do something with each of their Eagles to make them look unique.

From a fluff perspective I'm still learning when it comes to SE's but I think I'm right in thinking that each chamber would usually be assigned just the one Venator each.

I need to come up with a reason for the three being deployed together, I need to work on this and flesh it out but I was initially thinking they could be triplets in their mortal life famed for great deeds, and Sigmar thought it best to keep them as a threesome due to their combined might. What do you think?   

There are times where several are grouped together for Search missions.

Archived