Ushabti great bows

Dragon10

Hey does anyone use these guys?

wanting to convert some for my new undead army, it's a mixture of things I just want to use and look cool.

list I'm thinking 

Vampire Lord on Dragon Red Fury or ward save (any suggestions?)

10 x skellies sword and board

6 x spirit hosts

5 x blood knights

5 x blood Knights

3 x Ushabti great bows

3 x Ushabti great bows

3 x Ushabti great bows 

will I get steam rolled or does it have enough threats ?

thanks

Ushabti with the Bows don't really bring much firepower, it might be worth blocking them together into a 9 man unit so the VLoZD can give them all re-rolls to Hit. They can still split their attacks anyway.

I'd also say you're a bit light on the ground as far as numbers, so you may have trouble against more horde-y armies, especially when claiming Objectives in some scenarios. You'll also have serious problems in 3 Places of Power with only one Hero, and you'll struggle to give Deathless Minions coverage to most of your army with only 1.

1 hour ago, Dragon10 said:

Hey does anyone use these guys?

wanting to convert some for my new undead army, it's a mixture of things I just want to use and look cool.

list I'm thinking 

Vampire Lord on Dragon Red Fury or ward save (any suggestions?)

6 x spirit hosts

5 x blood knights

5 x blood Knights

3 x Ushabti great bows

3 x Ushabti great bows

3 x Ushabti great bows 

will I get steam rolled or does it have enough threats ?

thanks

Absolutely Ruler of the night is the best trait for us.
I also use VLoZD and 2 Bloodknights and 6 spirit hosts,too.In our meta it worked pretty well for me.
I'd suggest you to use zombies instead of skeletons. The skeleton does not bring anything worthwhile for the increase points since there is no synergy for them.
As @CoffeeGrunt told, you need more heroes. I found Mannfred work good for me, but a VloAT would be especially good since he is still cheap for what he does and he would not go down easily. I'd suggest you to keep a minimum 60 pts for summoning a third hero for 3 places of power or a chaff unit such as direwolves in other scenarios at the right time for objective grabing or for just screening.

10 skeletons with 3+/4+ would bring 3 wounds before saves (they have no rend and move 4" so usually your opponent decide which combat they will be in. ) so do not expect something worthwhile from them. On the other hand the saved 60 points may be enough to bring a tougher hero or unit to the table.
10 zombies are 5+/5+...

Until they lose a single model, then they're 6/6.
The fact of the matter is that you could have a Battleline that has a chance of doing some damage, or a Battleline that realistically never will.

The battle line in this army is just chaff, zombies with DM save will be almost as good as SW but cheaper. He really needs another hero (to give DM save and for objectives) so better to take a. Cairn wrath (or summon points) and zombros than skellies. Imho

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

If they merge, they can only really be in one place at a time. He hasn't got the Hero coverage to ensure they have Deathless if they spread out in scenarios like Border War or Gifts from the Heavens, and 10 man zombie squads are the definition of easily-killable trash that also can't dish out any damage at all.

If you're forced to bring a Battleline, might as well bring one that does something.

Also zombies with Deathless Minion may be almost as strong as Skeleton Warriors, but not if the SWs also have Deathless Minion. Make the comparison fair, otherwise it's a bit meaningless.

I also agree that Zombie are superior if you only go minimum sizes. Having a chance to do something typically isn't worth much - most of the time a 10-man Skeleton unit won't. They are used as screens and cheap objective cappers, and in this capacity I think Zombies are better due to the lower prize and the ability to merge.

10-man Skeletons are good for the Legion of Death, and in armies with heavy Deathrattle synergies. Outside of that, you may as well use Zombies instead.

If we're talking larger units, then Skeletons can be absolutely lethal, but that is not the case here. Of course, the OP may be preferring Skeletons for aesthetic or thematic reasons, which is 100% valid. It does not make a huge impact on the list which one you choose.

Part of the reason I suggested zoms is to use the freed points to bring a hero for DM coverage. So I don't see how you can say SW are better because they will have DM coverage. The opposite is true coffee [emoji6]

Just to be clear, you have to compare 3×10SW to 3x10zom+cairnwraith.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Well I still have over 300 points for summoning or add heros

i didn't know shooting can be spread so I think one unit would be good, one unit of 9

Reason for the skellies is purely because I don't like zombie models unless I was going to convert chaos mauraders into zombies but that might be a bit difficult due to my hobby skills.

Ok updated list and I will convert zombies 

vampire lord on dragon 400

vampire lord on steed 140

necromancer 120

10 x zombies 60

10 x zombies 60

10 x zombies 60

5 x blood Knights 260

5 x blood Knights 260

3 x spirit hosts 120

3 x spirit hosts 120

9 x Ushabti great bows 360

wouod it be worth changing the necromancer for another vampire or see if I can work the high queen into the list to get better shooting?  Or will that make me loose out on to much with the vampire lord.

On 12.02.2017 at 1:19 PM, Dragon10 said:

Ok updated list and I will convert zombies 

vampire lord on dragon 400

vampire lord on steed 140

necromancer 120

10 x zombies 60

10 x zombies 60

10 x zombies 60

5 x blood Knights 260

5 x blood Knights 260

3 x spirit hosts 120

3 x spirit hosts 120

9 x Ushabti great bows 360

wouod it be worth changing the necromancer for another vampire or see if I can work the high queen into the list to get better shooting?  Or will that make me loose out on to much with the vampire lord.

I would take the necromancer if there is a big block of skeletons, ghouls or zombies to benefit from Danca Macabre.  Without the efficient use of Dance Macabre, Necromancer is a very very very expensive model. I'd get rid both of vampire lord and necromancer to take an VLon abbysal terror. (In general handbook 2 VLOAT will probably be 300 points, but other units can become cheaper and VLOAT can be taken as well)
Also it could be more benefical to merge spirit hosts to be buffed by VloZD.

On 2/12/2017 at 11:19 AM, Dragon10 said:

Are you talking about Khalida? No, she only buffs Skeleton shooting, her Command Ability doesn't affect your Ushabti at all. As Razorfate suggested, I would merge the units of Spirit Hosts so you can buff all of them at the same time with the VLoZD.

Archived