Chaosie undead army

Dragon10

So I am doing my first army and this green stuff lark and painting is much harder than I expected so I decided to go with very very basic colour scheme and try use the technique I have see in books and clips.

I have all up 15 blood Knights to do but here's 4 with lord on dragon. Just need to touch up on a few details , blood and body parts on base. I am not wanting to do too much highlighting as I like the model dark.

anyway looking forward to getting the army painted.

am looking for tips and colours to do spirit hosts in

IMG_1379.JPG

IMG_1380.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

So I have added more blood Knights but have done small conversions to add to the army, 

i have designed spirit hosts

started varghiests 

and started a unit of ghouls

i have stuck to the chaos theme pretty much the whole way through, the varghiests will have the same robes bottoms as the guys in the spirit hosts.

i just changed the head of blood letters to give a more ghoul feel to the ghouls and I'm hoping people I play won't mind them having sword.

kind of trying to make everything vampires and these are just more creatures vampires than the noble blood Knights 

• 3 weeks later...

Just a few updates, not much painting progress but I've been building 

these are my fell bats , as I'm not a big fan of the fell bats I thought like the rest of the army I would make my own with the chaos twist to them. I still have to add few bits of green stuff to smooth them out

poses aren't great as I'm very new to converting first army ever trying it with but I'm happy with them as a beginner.

IMG_1444.JPG

IMG_1445.JPG

IMG_1446.JPG

IMG_1447.JPG

Looking very nice!

As others have said, the blood spatter looks off in pools, one tip to rescue it would be to drybrush white back over the blood pools, so it looks like old blood spilt that the snow has fallen back over.

In terms of applying it more effectively, buy some cheap art store brushes (my set was £3 from B&M), dip it into Blood for the Blood God and run your finger over the tip. You get an effect somewhat like this miniature

IMG_20161206_210259411.jpg

My only criticism of it's your first army is this... Damn your vision and theme!  - it's inspirational and the bloodletter ghouls are absolutely brilliant - such as simple idea but oh yes.. :)

I like the whole look and mood of your stuff, and if I were you the only thing I can add is to perhaps cover the blood pools with fresh snow and maybe redo the blood so that there just isn't so much of it.  The effect will actually be more dramatic that way, but really, keep doing what you're doing as it's really really good.

I admire anyone that has a fully converted army, and yours has the makings of something really epic. keep it up :)

Archived